Monday, February 19, 2007

Easter Rant

Well, technically it is more of an Easter candy rant.

Did you know that Hershey is planning on moving some of their factory work to Mexico? This annoys me and I will need to boycott them. However, since Hershey is probably the only American chocolate that I enjoy, I'll have to wait until they actually move and then I will boycott them. It will be a small boycott because it's just me but still, I'll feel good about it. Until I start missing the Kisses with Almonds. And, hello, Hershey, yes, the coconut creme is good and all but where are the almonds? What were you thinking?

The chocolate I love the most is the Lindt bar with Hazelnuts and Pistachio paste (mmm, yummy) but it is hard to find here. Although I am fond of the Cadbury Fruit and Nut bar. Maybe I'll see if I get a stash of that.

I was wandering down the Target aisle and was complaining about not being able to find black Jelly Beans and then I saw a bag. In my excitement, I didn't notice that the bag said Brach's Black Jelly Bird Eggs. Apparently there is a difference between jelly beans and jelly bird eggs. The only difference that I am noticing is that the jelly bird eggs suck, well, um, eggs, I guess. They are too sweet and too bitter all in one. Grr. Perhaps I'll be able to find anise squares somewhere. Those are the best.

Oh and I am also excited to see that the Saint Paul Pioneer Press will be doing the Peeps Dioramas again this year. These are the best. I can't stand Peeps but I do enjoy websites featuring them.

So what's your favorite Easter candy? Any traditions that your family observes? Do you enjoy Easter eggs with ketchup and a little salt? Or is that just my family?