Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy 5th!

No, I am not leaving NABABNA. I interviewed for another position within the company, one that works more directly with the companies that we are agent for. There's research involved & working with other departments. It's the other spectrum of what I do now.

Yesterday Keem and I had off of work so the day was spent lounging around the apartment doing nothing. Well, okay, we did more than nothing. I actually did clean the kitchen (I know! Amazing! But Keem bribed me with computer time) and made supper (corn dogs. Very complicated. Although I was amused by the label. Apparently what we ate last night was a batter covered hot dog on a stick made from pork and turkey. Here I always thought the stick was made out of wood. Silly me). I also watched several episodes of "What Not To Wear" and played with beads (I've been making necklaces and anklets. I haven't worn any yet, of course, because I keep forgetting about them or none of the necklaces match what I want to wear that day. I really want to learn more about this because I would love to try and create a necklace I saw years ago, a replica of a flapper's necklace that was multi-colored beads on a long strand. It was only 20 dollars and I still keep kicking myself for not buying it).

The fireworks started going off around 10:15 and the lovely thing about our apartment is that, because we're on the 27th floor, we can see the fireworks for approximately 7-10 cities. They were quite pretty and I wish I would have been able to get a good picture of them, it would have been a lovely panoramic view. Eddy was seated on his cat tower, staring out the window at the fireworks. It's quite funny to watch his reactions to certain things. For example, he loves the spiders that hang out on our window* (which is completely gross and I wish they would go away) and will paw at them, trying to reach them through the window. He also will watch television with us, sometimes. He'll be on the couch and stare at the television. Mainly just cooking shows but he did enjoy a nature program about dolphins and whales once.

*The spiders are all on all of the floors. The 3rd floor laundry room windows will be covered completely with their webs. It is so disgusting. But the other day, the coolest thing happened. I was on the computer and I caught this fluttering out of the corner of my eye. Here this bird had swooped down and was treading air until he grabbed one of the spiders. It was awesome to watch. I wish he'd come back and get the rest of them.

Hope you all had a good 4th. I should know more about the job either tomorrow or next week. If I get it, great, if not, I'll be okay - I still like what I'm doing now.