Thursday, May 22, 2008

Stressed. In need of ice cream. And possibly a cat exorcist.

It’s time for another bullet-point day. 

    • I am stressed out.  Seriously.  I come back from vacation to two Inboxes filled with a ton of stuff to do.
    • My Inbox had approximately 265 emails.  I was gone for a week.  Although why I’m surprised, I’m not sure.  I once had 50 emails when I returned to the office after a doctor’s appointment. 
    • While I am thankful that my co-workers handled the seriously urgent items, our online resource Inbox was stuffed to the gills and about ready to explode.
    • And then there was the email to take one of the documents and completely redo it.  That’s only taken me about 3 days to come up with the rough draft.
    • Add my monitorings on top of that and I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised that I was headed towards a mini breakdown last Friday.
    • Oh, and guess who kind of forgot to take her Effexor while on vacation?  That’s right.  This girl.
    • Well, I remembered some of the days.  I figured out on Friday that, out of 16 days of May, I had probably taken 7 doses.  Oops.
    • Which meant that, while I wasn’t crying, about ready to jump out of the nearest 27th story window, I didn’t have my usual calm in the eye of the storm demeanor.
    • If I had been taking my pills as I was supposed to, as I explained to Co-Worker Jessica, I would still be overwhelmed but able to deal with it better.
    • Which, I guess, really isn’t the best way to handle things.  I’ve had anxiety attacks in the past.  I really want to avoid them.
    • Stop clenching, chest muscles!  I’m not in the mood!
    • Yesterday I spent all day working on the online resource Inbox.  I cleaned out the majority of the stuff from the beginning of the month, dealt with the seriously urgent and some not so urgent but while I’m working on this other stuff, I might as well get the rest of it done. 
    • I turned my back for two minutes and suddenly there were 18 new emails.  ARGH!
    • Cleaned those out last night and today there were another 18 new emails.  Someone seriously hates me.
    • Okay, so I know this is not a heart attack and probably is heart burn but it’s a little amusing to hear William Shatner sing “Live life like you’re going to die.  Because you are going to die.” when you have chest pains.
    • Maybe I don’t mean amusing.  Maybe I mean seriously freaky.
    • If my regular duties weren’t enough (why, yes, I’m back to whining about work), I’ve answering approximately 20 questions a day.  And while I get that is part of my job, um, hi, people, I have work of my own to do! 
    • And could you not argue with me about my answer when I’m on lunch?  If you don’t like my answer, go ask someone else.
    • If all this wasn’t enough, Kari, Eric and Josh are in Las Vegas right now.
    • Eric’s dad Rob and his girlfriend Betty got married yesterday.
    • Really wish I could have been there.
    • Because if I was there, I would not be in charge of the demon cat.
    • That’s right.  Sebastian’s back.
    • And as loud as last time.
    • However, he and Eddy are getting along better.  This is mainly because Eddy has learned to keep to high spots.  Such as the buffet this morning when Sebastian was trying to “play” with him.  Or, as we call it in the Keem/Dana household – violating my baby.
    • He’s not as frequently loud or maybe we’re learning to sleep through it but Oh my God, is it annoying.
    • We are also pet-sitting 3 gerbils – Oreo, Snickers and Stinky.  Guess which one my nephew named.  They are highly adorable and Keem is quite fond of them.
    • I really, really want ice cream right now.  Ice cream is relaxing.
    • Pringles Extreme screamin’ dill pickle chips are not relaxing.  I love dill pickle chips but only Old Dutch seems to get them right.
    • Why can’t we get Paprika Pringles in the US?  It’s not fair.  Beth and I had them in Portugal and they were very, very yummy.
    • Yay.  Chest pains were heart burn.  Well, that’s a relief.
    • I feel better now that I’ve vented.  Thanks for reading.