Thursday, June 21, 2007

Bulletpoint Dana

  • Hi. I'm cranky.
  • Why am I cranky? That's a good question.
  • I withdrew my name from the QP/Training job. As much as I love Quality, I hate training and know it is not for me. One of the best trainers I know is Keem. And she would be really good at Quality as well. She also applied for a management position.
  • She didn't get either job. But she was told to keep applying. Because she has such great skills.
  • Yeah. She's told that every time she applies for job. "Oh, Keem, you're so great. But we're giving the job to So and So..."
  • She's not overly happy about this, as you can guess. Neither am I because I not thrilled about the person who got the QP/Training position. We both understand why the other person got the management position, she's been doing the job without the title for about 2 years or so.
  • I'm also cranky because I have woken up the last two days with incredibly horrible back pain.
  • The type of back pain where you start weeping to yourself because it hurts so much. No matter what position you switch to, it still hurts.
  • The type of back pain where you get up through the night and try to sleep in a chair, hoping that will work. And take ibuprofen. And then go back to bed because the chair isn't working either.
  • When the alarm finally goes off, you glare at it, daring it to make you get up.
  • The alarm clock just beeps at you. It doesn't care if you go to work or not.
  • Keem does, however. She won't let you get another occurrence. She is a caring Keem. The bitch (joking, just joking).
  • The back pain lets up a little at 9:30 last night when the thunderstorm starts.
  • Of course! Have you forgotten that your back likes to help you predict the weather by reacting to barometric pressure? Yes, you have.
  • So Keem drops you off at work today because she has to go to a client's office and help stock owners there.
  • You walk into the office and start having an asthma attack.
  • WTF? You haven't had an asthma attack in months. What the hell is going on?
  • Oh, wait, you had to use the inhaler a few weeks ago.
  • You bring out the inhaler. Puff. Puff. Blech.
  • Asthma medicine, just so you know, takes like crap. Or misty crap, I guess.
  • Asthma attack has been averted. Yay.
  • What has not been averted? Throwing up in my waste basket.
  • Not sure where that came from. Blech.
  • I am now trying to talk my boss into letting me go home without it being an occurrence. Since all vacation time has been frozen, somehow I don't see that happening.
  • Sorry, Beth. I'm not going to karaoke tonight. I know I am lame.