Friday, October 26, 2007

Eh. It's a bullet point kind of day.

  • Seriously I think there is nothing more annoying than listening to one of my co-workers talk about her grandchildren. Not so much because I don't like kids but she has to repeat, word for word, what they've said or done. And she uses baby-talk. Grr. After you hear, for the 30th time, that her grandson calls her granddaughter Haywee because he can't say Hayley, you tend to get a little frustrated. I mean, I know I talk about Eddy a lot and his tendency to mrow at us but I don't say it to everyone that passes by. I certainly don't go and seek people out and yammer at them in cat talk.
  • I should be thrilled to death that it has been slow at work and, really, I am, but it's also so boring. I cannot wait until November 1st when the new job starts. Hopefully I will also get lots and lots of reports to do. Reports are fun. Especially when they involve Excel.
  • Keem heard back about job number 3. She didn't even get an interview. However, job number 4 was the lucky number. She is now the newest member of the help desk, which helps customer service reps with calls and also takes escalated calls. They also do research so it is a job that is incredibly suited to her. She also starts on November 1st. Our hours will switch from 7-3:30 to 9:30-6. Not as thrilled about the later hours but it is going to be nice not dragging myself out of bed at 5:45 every morning.
  • My desk is empty. Well, as empty as my desk can be. All my fun stuff is packed away, waiting to be rearranged on my new desk. I can't wait. New desks are fun and exciting and involve arranging things just so...plus I found my cubicle sweet cubicle sign. Yay!
  • Pomegranate Green Tea is not as exciting as I thought it would be. Eric's right. Green tea does kind of taste like grass.
  • I will miss not sitting in the same row as Co-worker Eric. I will also miss Co-worker John and Co-worker Rykken. It's not like I can't come up to the counter to see them but still, who will I talk to about Heroes? Who will laugh at me when I am being thwarted by my cork board? Who will refer to my desk as Fairy Land?
  • I have cramps. I am not pleased. I suppose I could take some ibuprofen but that always seems to not help much. Plus my purse is too far away. Okay, it is only a foot but still...and yes, sometimes I really am that lazy. Rolling across floor in wheelie office chair is fun though so here I go...ibuprofen achieved. Retreat, cramps, retreat!
  • Today is Beth's birthday. Happy birthday, Beth! Yay! To celebrate, we are going to the Best! Steakhouse! Ever! to have steak. Mmm. Steak. I will be partaking of the Bludgeon of Beef again. My mouth is starting to water already.
  • We are also going to spend the entire weekend scrapbooking. This will be fun. It would be more fun if I would actually develop pictures but the pictures are on my computer and I can't get to them yet. My room is kind of messy and the path doesn't go that far.
  • Do not, if you can at all avoid it, read the book "What came before he shot her" by Elizabeth George. It's so very sad. I will definitely recommend "American Gods" by Neil Gaiman. Just finished rereading it and am now working on "Anansi Boys" which is the sequel. I love Neil Gaiman.
  • Break is over. Must work now. Yay, work. Have a good day. And a spectacular weekend.