Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Look! It's a new Meme!

Because I still have nothing to say. Except that "I got a new job! Yay me!" Oh, right, I mentioned that before. Keem, however, did not get job 2 of 4 jobs applied for. Keem is unhappy right now. Let's all pray/appeal to higher power/think happy, empowering thoughts that Keem does get a new job as well because right now it is very tough on her self-confidence to keep being told how great she is and then passed over for someone who has been here less time and has less qualifications. Poor Keem. It is very sad.

Anyway, enough about work. Here is a meme that Patti tagged me for, which I am grateful because, as I said, nothing really to talk about here that isn't about my shiny new job or the fact that I think bras are evil and should be outlawed. Ha! That was random, wasn't it? Weren't expecting that!

Yeah, I'm going to just bring you the meme and shut up now. I think of done this before but don't care. My answers always change and/or become longer. Because that is the power of Dana.*

*I may have overdosed on happy pills. I've been remembering to take them and, well, sometimes the power of happy pills can be a little frightening.

Four Jobs I’ve Held:

Orange Julius orange wrangler (Sounds exciting, doesn’t it? It’s not. And that wasn’t my official title; I can’t remember what we were called. Peons, perhaps?)

Customer Service Rep (many, many times, including now. It is odd that I like customer service when I really don’t like people that much (Okay, before you do the whole “but we’re people. If you don’t like people, you don’t like us” let me just explain to you what I have told Beth and Keem. You don’t count. You’re cool. I don’t like people as a whole but I like individual people. Persons if you will. And I have mentioned that I thought I’d make a great hermit before if it wasn’t for the fact that caves rarely have cable or internet (although Batman probably does. I could move in with Batman. I’ve always wanted to be a crime fighter)))

Office Manager (Worst job ever. I’ve posted about this before but my boss was a complete dictator who didn’t like it that I alphabetized. Excuse me? You’re upset because I’m efficient? WTF? Or, in alphabetical order, FTW?)

Cotton Candy maker (I hate cotton candy. I despise it. It tastes horrible, smells even worse when you’re making it and, when you give it to small children, makes them insane on a sugar high. Plus, when you’ve spent the entire day making it, you become covered with it. There is cotton candy in your hair. There is sugar in your pockets. When you step into the shower, you will start melting.

Four Films I Could Watch Over and Over:

The Imposters
So I Married an Axe Murderer
Big Trouble in Little China
Big Trouble (the movie based on the novel Dave Barry wrote)

If you got the idea that I prefer comedy, you would be correct.

Four TV Shows I Watch:

Burn Notice
Heroes
How I Met Your Mother
America’s Next Top Model (I have to get my drama somewhere. There is nothing more dramatic than a bunch of skinny girls who think they are the greatest thing in the world and it turns out, that uh, no you’re not. The one we’re rooting for this year is Heather who has a mild case of autism (there’s a fancy name for it but I can’t spell it and I’m too lazy to Google it). And Lisa who is an exotic dancer and all the other girls are “You know the Next Top Model isn’t going to be a stripper (Yeah, well, honey, she’s got way more poise and grace in her little toe than you do in your entire body). We’re so great, blah, blah, blah.” And Miss J both fascinates and repels me a little bit)

Four Places I’ve Lived:

Mahtomedi, MN
Saint Paul, MN
North Saint Paul, MN
Madison, WI

Four Favorite Foods:

Turkey burgers (I know. Who knew they could be so yummy?)
Real, juicy, made from a cow, hamburgers (I could kill for Fuddruckers. I won’t because that would be wrong and then I’d go to jail and I’m pretty sure they don’t have Fuddruckers in jail. Or Ruby Tuesdays)
Bread (not that I’ve had any lately. I haven’t had bread in weeks)
Au Gratin potatoes (sigh. Why are all my favorite foods starches? Why?)

Four Websites I Visit Daily:
I really don’t visit websites daily but these are ones that I do when I’m at work, when I’m most on the internet.
Bloglines.com (and look! You’re all there!)
Popcap.com (Peggle is addicting and wrong. Even more so than Alchemy)
Google
Go Fug Yourself.com (they always have a post and I’m sorry but I enjoy their sense of humor and it is nice to look at both pretty and really scary clothing)

Four Favorite Colors:

Pink
Brown (with pink)
Blue and Purple plaid
Orange

Four Places I Would Love to be Right Now:

Portugal
China (They have Pandas! (plus Keem and I watch Survivor China and it is pretty)
Italy
Las Vegas

Four Names I Love, But Could/Would Not Use for My Children:

Henri (pronounced On-ri)
Dmitri Aloysius
Willow (Hi, honey, I named you after a tree! And a movie! And a witch on Buffy! What do you mean, you hate me?)
Adelaide