Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday, Monday, you sure are a pain in my tuckus!

I hate Mondays.  A bullet point reason why:

  • It is approximately 300 degrees inside my building.
  • Okay, yes, that is a slight exaggeration.  Not much of one but still, it is not quite that hot.
  • However, it is 80 degrees outside and that feels better than being inside.  That's not good.
    • Although, thankfully my department is moving on Friday to a new building, a new state of the art building where we will have many new and exciting things.
    • Including, but not limited to, air conditioning that ACTUALLY works!
  • I came into work to find out that hey, once again, my computer has spyware on it.  Oh, yay!
  • Now I have to get a brand new system. 
  • So I'll probably lose everything that I have.  Hmm, should perhaps start moving things to the shared drive so I can move it all back.
  • I seem to have lost my keys. 
  • I am tired and cranky and slowly melting in a puddle of sweat.

That's pretty much it for the cranky bullet points.  How about some happy ones?

  • Keem and my old roommate Jeff was in town this weekend and he came over to visit yesterday. 
  • We had a cook out on our deck. It was a lot of fun.
  • Even when the rain came pouring down.
  • There's an overhang off the side of the building so we moved the table underneath it. 
  • Before the rain started, the umbrella over our table shot straight up into the air because of the wind.
  • It just hovered for a good five seconds and then crashed off to the side.
  • Mike, Jeff's best friend, caught it.
  • Did Jeff, who was using my camera, manage to get one picture of this?  Of course not.
  • Kari, Eric and Josh were there as well.  Josh decided Mike was his new best friend.
  • We went swimming later.  That was also fun.
  • After Jeff and Mike left, we watched A Bug's Life.  Love that movie.
  • Even with 300 questions from Josh, it was still fun ("What did he say?"  "Why did he do that?" "Is he the bad guy?").
  • Today is my sister's birthday.  She is 39.  And has today off. 
  • I get to babysit on Thursday.  The first time that I have been trusted alone with the child for more than 15 minutes.  This should be interesting.
  • I watched Little Miss Sunshine this weekend.  Very cute movie. 

Okay, I think that's it.  I know I am behind on blogs.  That's because I have been reading Buffy the Vampire Slayer transcripts again at work.  Since someone noticed that I was actually blogging when it is verboten.  I'm going to try to be good again.  Hopefully I'll be able to get caught up in the next few days.