Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Send chocolate. Now.

If yesterday's corrupted files weren't enough, today I spent 4 1/2 hours working on our internal library resource (I'm calling it Libby from now on.  Co-worker Rykken came up with the name when we decided it was haunted by an evil poltergeist).  About an hour later, the entire thing crashed because one of the Tech guys was working on changing some settings or access or God only knows.  And now everything that I added this morning is gone.  GONE!  G - O - N - E, baby.

I am, if you haven't guessed, a little frustrated.  Because now, when I try to go back and duplicate all my work from this morning, I can't save anything.  Libby keeps asking me for my username and password.  I don't HAVE one, you stupid, evil program.

Plus I have become the "go-to" person with questions about Quality or Libby and that's all well and good but people.  I have work to do.  I have an inbox stuffed to the gills for things to update in Libby.  I have 36 calls to monitor by the end of the week.  Stop asking me questions!  ARGH!

Okay.  I feel better.  Somewhat.  Plus, at least my library isn't filled with spiders.  Or smell like sewage.  Which would be kind of difficult for a virtual library to do but I am counting my blessings.

One of those blessings is going to be the lemon bar I'm going to stuff my face with in 2.3 seconds. 
.