Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hello from my new laptop. Except, not really

So I started a post last night from my new laptop which is beautiful and shiny (a little too shiny if you ask me because suddenly I have discovered how greasy my fingers are and now I am petrified that I'll shake hands with someone and they'll be completely disgusted and then I'll never get promoted again (and no, I haven't applied for a new job, that was hypothetical)) and I was going to include pictures but then realized that I can't find the cord I need to attach my camera to the laptop.  And my wireless mouse is thwarting me.  It works and then it doesn't and then it works again.  Instead, I am resorting to posting via email again.

But!  The most exciting thing in the world - the keyboard actually works like a keyboard should!  I type and the words actually form the way I typed them (instead of sticking on every third letter and making me look like an idiot like Keem's computer does)!  It's very, very exciting!  Did I say that already?  Probably.

Anyway, I promise to post pictures soon.  My hair is still adorably cute, thanks to the wondrous hair stylist at Fantastic Sam's.  And also to the fact that I actually blow dry my hair now.  This is a big deal because I am incredibly hair challenged and prefer to shower and get ready in 9.3 minutes.  Blow drying my hair actually adds an additional 5 minutes to my schedule in the morning.  It is a travesty.  Also a travesty is the 400 zits I have on my chin now.  I am 41, damn it.  I should not be breaking out!  Do you know how incongruous it looks to have gray roots and blemishes?  Dagnabit!

As an added bonus, I found this on Teri’s site so I thought I would explain why I haven't posted pictures yet in further detail.  Enjoy!

Holy Blog Of Doom, Batman! I just opened mine eyes, and lo! I have not updated this since long before Shakespeare wast a boy... You would not believe how terribly tardy the Victorian internet can be. I prostrate myself in sorrow and beg thy forgiveness..

I am lost in a sea of pseudo-olde-english with an awfully big adventure, being distracted by the shiny, just generally being an embarrassment to the secret service, my day is a magical flight from the light through yonder window breaks to sun down and beyond. I am avoiding recapture. it will be fun fun fun till they take my TBird away.

I declare solemnly I will update you with my nefarious activities as soon as I get a chance. Sincerest apologies. This is for my ever faithful, devoted public..

She found it here - it was very fun and rather like Mad Libs.