Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Super Hiro

I don't usually go on and on about television. While I'm fond of it, I'm not completely obsessed with it. Granted, I have my shows that I love to watch but I also gave up on a few of them because of a karaoke conflict (CSI is on Thursdays. I have to nap before karaoke. Therefore I can't watch it. Grey's Anatomy was on Sundays but has now moved to Thursdays so I only have a general idea of what's going on with the show) but I'm not a gusher. Well, except about Lost, but that's mainly with Beth and James.

I have to tell you that I've found a show that has changed that.

Last night, I watched Heroes. I have been waiting for Heroes for FREAKIN' ever, ever since I saw one of the first previews. And I must tell you now that I think I am a little bit in love with one of the male characters. I'll give you a brief description of them, guess which one it is.


  • Sensitive male nurse. Cute.
  • His hot older brother who is running for Congress and is an arrogant jerk.
  • Somewhat attractive addict painter who is trying to overcome his addiction.
  • Intelligent attractive Indian professor who is driving a taxi cab in New York to solve the mystery of his father’s death and complete his research
  • Man who wears glasses who is more than likely an evil Government tool. Generically attractive in that “I’m hiding behind my mask of dedicated family man but I’d just as soon kill you as look at you if you cross me” way.
  • Another man who wears glasses, wants to be different and routinely quotes from Star Trek and comic books and also hangs out in a karaoke bar. Geeky cute.

Have you guessed? Have you?

His name is Hiro. He is Japanese and sweet and sensitive and I love him. He is sitting in the karaoke bar with his non-believing friend, talking about how time and space can be bent and his friend asks “How do you know this?” And Hiro says “X-Men something something (Sorry, I didn’t catch all of it). When Kitty Pryde time travels for the first time.”

Sigh.

And, as I was watching the previews for the upcoming weeks, they have revealed that Isaac (the painter) is predicting the future when he paints and his paintings are laid out in comic book fashion. And Hiro sees a comic book that shows when he teleports from Japan to New York.

I LOVE this show. LOVE IT! It is awesome, man. Like the plums.

If you missed it, there is a special encore showing tonight. You should really watch it and then I will have someone to call when the show is over because I'm not comfortable enough to call James and say "Oh my God, did you watch it?" yet (Or even Little Matt. Because I'm sure he watched it. Actually, I am comfortable enough to call Little Matt. I just don't have his phone number) like I really, really wanted to last night.

And, oh, I also really like "The Class" as well but you're not required to listen to me talk about that. Keem watches it with me.