Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Would telling the IRS to bite me be considered a terrorist threat?

I hate them. I really, really do. I think they deliberately made the 1040 to be as complicated as possible to include all these freakin' numbers that I don't understand, because, let's face it, I don't understand math (even though I do accept it is the one true universal language (well, this one at least. My universe, the one I am Queen of, refuses to acknowledge it))) and so I had to pay Turbo Tax $64.90 to figure it out for me.


But! My taxes are filed and I am even getting a refund.


I still hate them though. My heart seethes with anger. Dang them! Dang them and their numbers!


And yes, all of my co-workers have laughed hysterically to hear me cursing to myself about a) taxes, b) where the heck is my 1099B and c) what the hell is my cost basis? There may have been the occasional comment of "Seriously? You're filing today? Dana, you know better." Okay. There were a lot of comments about that.


And I am seriously, seriously grateful to the NABABNA Investment Rep who faxed me my 1099B and only laughed at me a little bit when I said at the beginning of the call, and I quote, "You are going to laugh at me and I understand. I know better. But I had a 1099B and somehow I lost it and I know perfectly well that I'm going to find it in 3 weeks and I work for Stock Holder Services and know better than this because I deal with these people on a daily basis…" And he said "I can fax you your 1099B right now."


I may have told him I loved him.


Oh, and I really, really love Candorville by Darrin Bell. Especially today.