Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me - Part Two, Poetry Friday Week 2 and Week 4 (of the weight loss)

Okay, one thing I forgot to mention in my first post is how Beth, Craig and I were sitting at a table at karaoke on Saturday night and somehow we decided that we were all going to sing opera style instead of talking. This might have something to do with the fact that I occasionally will break out in what my former boss Mike would refer to as "random las (You know, la-la-la etc.)" and occasionally this will be in an operatic fashion. Some people might question this but others, like Beth and Craig, will decide "Hey, wouldn't it be fun if we all sang opera style instead of using actual words?" At least I think that's what happened. Beth will probably remember better.

Anyway, my point to all of this is that, while we're amusing each other by singing silly things like "Iiiiiii haaave aaaaa glass of WAH-ter" (this is an example. I'm not sure what we actually sang. As I've asked Beth lately "What's that stuff that I should take but I never remember to take?" And she laughed and said "Ginko." This may give you a clue about how great my memory is. And I'm one year older! Woo-hoo. I forsee many memory cells dying), Angie walks up. She is eating something.

Beth sings "Whhhaat aaaare yoooooooou eaating?"

Then Craig sings "Whaaaat are yoooooooouuuu eaaating?"

And I sing "Whaaaaaat are yoooouuuu eaaaatinnnng?" after Craig.

Angie replies "Griiiiilllllllled Cheeeeesse."

Do I not have the coolest group of friends ever? The idea that we would all start singing operatically (and yes, I'm sure that's not a word and no, I don't really care) and that Angie would answer us the same way? This just reinforces my belief that my life is completely awesome.

Anyway, there has been some concern about the fact that I have not yet posted about what happened on Sunday. So here goes.

I went to karaoke. I saw James. He gave me a card. My God, I adore him. He hugged me. The end.

Yes, there is more to it than that but I am very tired and I have to go to Weight Watchers very early and do lots of running around and then maybe do laundry (I hate laundry) and so I am going to go to bed very soon. Hopefully I will get a chance to post more tomorrow.

Anyway, our poem today is my favorite Robert Frost poem.

Nothing Gold Can Stay
Robert Frost

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

I was in Speech in High School and I did Extemperaneous Poetry (I think that's how its spelled. I have no clue and I'm too tired to go to dictionary.com right now) which mainly meant that I drew the name of a poem a half hour before I was supposed to go on stage and read it to a bunch of people. It was fun. This was my favorite poem to read. Mending Wall is great but takes forever.

Week 4.

I lost .6 pounds. I am pleased with this. I had made some not so wise decisions last week and my belief is that there is no "only" in weight loss.

Tomorrow I go back to Weight Watchers after my birthday week and I'm pretty sure that I've gained some of the weight back. But I'm okay with that. I had an absolutely awesome week surrounded by great friends and I will be back on track next week.

Hopefully you are all doing well. I will get around to your blogs soon. Miss you all.