Saturday, March 25, 2006

Week 6

You'll notice I have a new ticker (Thanks, Teri!) up at the top. I was trying to come up with something that would help tracking my weight loss a bit easier and then I visited her site and there it was. She is so brilliant.

Anyway, today Keem and I went to Weight Watchers. I am down another pound. So this is eleven now. I am very happy about this. I've been trying to watch what I eat, got rid of those damn Girl Scout cookies and am trying to walk more. Hopefully next week, I'll be able to start the treadmill, my foot isn't hurting as much as it did earlier this week.

After Weight Watchers, we went to Fuddruckers. We have both noticed that we aren't able to eat as much food now as we once were able to do. This is a good thing, of course. I once ordered a pound burger at Fuddruckers. An entire pound of hamburger. And fries. And pop. And ate the entire damn thing. Amazing how I thought that was a good decision. Sheesh. We have been eating the 2/3 pound burger and getting fries and a pop but decided that this doesn't make sense. What is the point of stuffing yourself until you feel exhausted? Today we discovered that even a 1/2 pound burger with fries and a pop is getting to be too much.

I've always been the type of person who will eat everything on my plate if I like the way it tastes. It's nice to realize that I don't have to be that person anymore

Tomorrow Beth, Keem and I are going to see the Gilbert and Sullivan operetta Princess Ida. Beth's mom volunteers for the Gilbert and Sulivan very light something or another operetta company (I can't remember the entire title. I do this every year. (And apparently, Beth's mom has now become my mother because I started this sentence with Mom)) and Beth has been going to this for years. And she asked us to go one year and it started one of those great traditions we like to uphold. Last year we added to the tradition by deciding that we would go to Manny's (the best steakhouse in the world) and also drive around looking for Target and get lost (we had some time to kill and decided to go to Target. Three Targets later (or non-Targets because each one was gone (either closed or demolished to make way for a Super Target)), we were kind of lost). The plan this year is to keep Manny's but not get lost. But maybe go to Target. If we can find one.

Tomorrow I am going to have steak (or perhaps we should call it STEAK! because that how my stomach views it. This is the best STEAK! in the world) and a baked potato and some of the best damn bread in the world (seriously. There's this dark bread with raisins and this really great rye that is salty and has caraway seeds and if I could get the recipe I would bake them every day) and then I am going to go to karaoke and moan about the fact that I am never going to eat again. But I will be lying. Because there will be next year.

I guess my whole point to this is that I am going to have to be good next week because I am sure going to be bad tomorrow. But, dagnabit, it's going to be worth it.

Oh! And I am noticing results. I can actually zip my boots up all the way and my pants are feeling loose. Not fall down and embarrass me in front of all loose but in a discreetly tug them up every once in awhile loose. Yay!

Hoping you all have the opportunity to eat some really great STEAK! sometime soon. Unless, of course, you are a vegetarian. Because then I would feel bad for wishing you to do something you don't like so instead I hope you have some really great CELERY!