Thursday, November 09, 2006

Good afternoon to you

Eh. I can't come up with a better title.

I'm not even sure what I want to post about. Um, um, how about, no, that's stupid. Um...

Okay. I'm bored. I have no idea what I want to write but I feel vaguely guilty for not writing. Sadness.

Did you know, that even though there's not really that much wind, my sproingy pen that I bought in Wisconsin is bouncing? Probably not. And my Dory from Finding Nemo pen is sort of waving it's fluffy fake fur at me. You didn't know that? You didn't care? I am shocked. Shocked that you don't find this as fascinating as I do. Sigh.

Politically I'm doing okay. I'm not thrilled about Pawlenty being re-elected but pretty much everyone else I voted for was elected. That's good news, at least. Udge had a post today that made me laugh, I'd recommend you read it - about how a dead Democrat beat out a live Republican. Yay! I am not thrilled about Wisconsin's decision to pass a law about what constitutes a marriage. It not only prohibits gay marriage but also makes civil unions suspect.

I've been bored at work and have started making tiny magnets for the holidays. They are simple to make, take a glass beady thing (the type you would put in a vase, the clearer the better), take a word or clipart (either could be from a stamp or computer printed) and shrink it down so that it fits under the bead (usually 65% works on a copier), glue bead to paper, glue small button magnet to bead and paper and you have a quickly made, inexpensive gift that will make people ooh and ah over it (I know this because I've already given a few out today and received both oohs and ahs and the occasional "Dana, you are so thoughtful and great and wonderful." To which I replied, "But of course.")

Tonight is karaoke. I am looking forward to it because it is my last Thursday karaoke until after Keem and I move. I have way too much packing to do and refuse to give up Sunday nights. I cannot wait until this stupid move is over.

Oh, and those of you that might have been wondering, about the comment I made in the last post about stealing a knife for James? Yeah, it was at Manny's. He said, quite simply, "I like this knife." And I said "You want it? It's yours" and stuck in my purse. Quite subtly, I might add. I did the old hide it in the napkin trick which never worked for vegetables but works very well on cutlery. After dinner, we were going to do the exchange out on the street, when we noticed the cop waiting outside. Fortunately he was not there to arrest me for cutlery theft.

Hope you're all having a great afternoon! Vittum out.