Sunday, February 06, 2005

An email from my mother and my response

From: Mymom@guilttrip.com (not a real email address, obviously)
To: Greenduckiesgirl@gmail.com (a real email address)
Subject: WHERE ARE MY CHILDREN - COULD THEY PLEASE CALL THIS WKEND!

Dear all, I want to hear from Kari or Eric to find out how Josh handled his first week in school at 16 months!

I want to hear what Dana found out at the dr last Tuesday.

I would like you kids to call since you have the cell phones with long distance service. So charge them up first, and give me a call.

I think I will be home until 10 a.m., and then after 1:00 p.m. If you miss me, please call again, okay?

Love you all, God bless you!

Love, Mom (Grandma)

From: Greenduckiesgirl@gmail.com (a real email address)
To: Mymom@guilttrip.com (not a real email address, obviously)
Reply: WHERE ARE MY CHILDREN - COULD THEY PLEASE CALL THIS WKEND!

Hi.

I can't call, I can't afford to add time to my phone. I have 4 dollars to last me until payday. Which is not until the 15th. Fortunately we have already gone grocery shopping so I don't have to worry about food.

Anyway, re the doctor - I am back on Effexor (thank God) and am on my way back to a more healthy life again. Beth and I took a depression test yesterday and I ended up as a 52, she was a 5. I ended up in the moderately depressed to severely depressed column. Apparently I missed severely depressed by 2 points. It's funny, I knew there was a problem but I didn't realize it was that bad. I'm already starting to notice a bit of a change. Yesterday I started an exercise playlist on iTunes and started walking back and forth in my room, kind of marching and dancing with my one pound weights. While Eddy looked at me like I was the biggest nut he had ever seen. It was kind of fun. I only lasted for two songs but that's more exercise than I've had in a long, long time.

And then the oddest thing happened. I started cleaning my room. Without being nagged into it by anyone. I cleaned out a section by my computer, set up my shredder and filled an entire bag with garbage. It was quite scary. I have a long, long way to go but it's a start, right?

Anyway, I'm at Beth's today. We are going to work on my template for my blog and maybe do some scrapbooking. It should be fun. And then we are going to karaoke.

Um, hey, I have 8 Gmail invites. Would you want one? It's email that you can access anywhere and it has a 1 G storage drive on the internet. With the amount of email you receive, you might be interested. It also has a feature where you don't have to sort your emails into categories, you can search for a certain subject or phrase. Let me know (actually, this applies to anyone who might be interested. Drop me an email).

Love ya!

D

Previous Comments:
At 7:15 PM, brooksba said...
DM,Thanks for sharing your email correspondence with your mom. I'm glad I know about it.Well, we played with my template. We need to play with yours, but we also need to eat and get ready for KARAOKE!!! It's Sunday. But it's that horrible football game Sunday. =( Am I going to be happy or disappointed tonight? Only time will tell. Are you crying for me yet? You shouldn't. I'm being a dork and stuck in my one-track mind. Should I get an 8-track? Probably wouldn't go so well with the CD-changer, huh? Maybe not.I'm crazy. But then, you know that.I'm glad that you're back on the Effexor. You have more energy and you're smiling and I know that YOU feel better. That's what I care about. I want you to feel good about yourself (which I know is hard, it is for everyone) because no matter what, I care about you. I want the best for you always.

Beth