Tuesday, February 15, 2005

What About Rob? Part Three

I forgot to mention this. I heard about six or seven years ago that Rob and Lily were having problems. Possibly getting a divorce problems. Which, of course (even though it was very, very wrong for me to do this), filled me with joy. Not that I wanted him back or anything but just, ha! Obviously you weren't right for each other.

About three or four years ago, before we were roommates, Jeff took me to church with him. It was a great service and I really enjoyed listening to the choir. But I think the best possible thing about the day was when I and my incredibly attractive friend Jeff ran into Lily.

I introduced them. She introduced me to the guy she was with, no clue what his name was. We didn't mention Rob. The entire time we were talking, all about two minutes, I could see her looking Jeff up and down. Ogling, almost.

Is it wrong that a part of me is so shallow that I hoped she thought Jeff and I were a couple and that she compared my tall, blond, muscular roommate to her short, stocky husband (or former husband)? Probably. Do I care? Not a bit.

Previous Comments:

At 11:57 PM, brooksba said...
DM,I think it's fun. Let her be jealous. She's good at it. And she's never going to get anywhere with it. Her problem will be that she will never be truly surrounded with those that love her for who she is. Let her think what she wants, she's only doing it to herself. I would be smiling (cause, honestly, Jeff is worth smiling over). Love you!Beth
At 10:14 AM, Cy said...
No, I think it's very healthy to feel that way. Frankly I would wonder about you if you didn't.Living well (or appearing to) is the best revenge. Let her fester.
At 11:41 AM, Rev said...
Dana I tried to email you but the message bounced back. I sent Beth a message to forward to you. I trust you will receive it.Steve