Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Balloons - A photo essay

I love balloons. Seriously. I think they are great. Because they float and you can play with them and when you have one tied on your wrist, it's the best feeling. Hi. My name is Dana and I am easily amused. Which is a good thing, right?

I share this love of balloons with my nephew, Josh. And not only do we love balloons but we also love to watch them be released and float away. Here are some pictures I took last year on October 3, Josh's one year birthday.

Kari and Eric ready the balloons while Josh and Mom (behind the red balloon) look on.



At first it slowly floats around us.



But then the wind picks up and the balloon heads across the deck and over to the next building. Can you see it, Josh?



There it is (I added a gradual blue tint to the picture)! Look at it go!



It's time to let the other balloons go. Josh is getting a bit cranky and it is time for his nap.



These balloons go straight up the side of the building.



And then they were on their way to a great adventure (focal black and white. I am seriously loving Picasa, even though it doesn't have all of the cool features of Adobe Photoshop)!



Applaud me, people of the Internet. I have finally learned how to do a post with more than one picture. This is a good thing. Isn't Josh adorable?