Monday, June 20, 2005

Blogging Called On Account of Illness

I am working on two posts - the promised Power Tool one and also about how Beth and I took a journey this weekend to the exotic location of Tomah, Wisconsin to meet Mark.

However, something is slightly wrong with me right now. Yesterday I thought it was heat exhaustion/stroke due to the amount of time I spent in the sun yesterday (although thank God the car has air conditioning) since I have many of the symptoms - nausea, dizziness, confusion and the feeling that I'm going to pass out every time I stand up. Typically, though, this doesn't last for 24 hours. So something else is wrong. Inner ear inbalance, maybe?

After spending about a half hour in the hallway today due to a bad thunderstorm (apparently this is safer than being near windows (and I got to discover another phobia, I'm slightly claustrophic)), I told my boss that I was not going to make it through the rest of the day and went home. I ended up having to take a taxi because the next bus wouldn't be there for about a half hour. Luckily, I got to have the insane taxi driver who babbled to me about his "woman" who was 20 years younger than him and his grandmother who gave him a 5 dollar bill that morning even though I'm pretty sure he had told me that she was dead about two minutes before that.

My life is filled with excitement. I know you are all jealous to know that right now iTunes is playing the theme song to Star Trek. And with that, I am going to go to bed and hope to God that I am normal in the morning. Or as normal as I can be.

Oh, if your thoughts could all be with Keem right now, I would appreciate it. Her grandmother passed away this weekend.