Friday, June 03, 2005

Getting To Know You

Meme Number 3

An old work friend of mine sent this to me a few months ago (I don’t check that email account very often) and I thought I would fill this out for my blog. I have not seen this one before so it’s nice that it’s a little different from this one I filled out last year.

1. What time did you get up this morning? 6:30 (and this is after going to karaoke last night and getting home at 3:00.

2. Diamonds or pearls? Normally I would say neither but last night I saw an irregular pearl and thought it was beautiful. It was a gift to Char from her mother on her 18th birthday.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Universe and Sahara (I loved them both, I have to plug them).

4. What is your favorite TV show? CSI: The original. I’m trying to love CSI: New York but I can’t fall for Gary Sinise’s character, which is sad because I adore him as an actor. I am also trying to watch CSI: Miami because Beth reminded me over the weekend just how hot David Caruso is when we watched Proof of Life.

5. What did you have for breakfast? Sausage & Cheese Croissant and hash browns from Burger King. Before you judge, lunch consisted of trail mix.

6. What is your middle name? Marie

7. What is your favorite cuisine? Probably Chinese. I am a sucker for really good Chicken Chow Mein

8. What foods do you dislike? Tomatoes (they are evil), fresh mushrooms (love canned) and fried fish eggs (sorry, Johnny but I do).

9. What is your favorite chip flavor? Okay, it’s weird but I found it once and I loved it. It’s Roasted Chicken Ripple chips. Yum.

10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Mechanical Bride by Medium

11. What type of car do you drive? Hmm. Well, this hasn’t changed since last year. I don’t drive. But if I did, it would be an El Camino.

13. What characteristic do you despise? I’m not overly fond of arrogance. I think it’s great to be self-assured but if you’re acting superior, you’re just waiting to be dropkicked from the podium you placed yourself on.

14. Favorite item(s) of clothing. Tank tops and capris. I look horrible wearing the tank tops because my arms are huge and then there are all the skin tags but since I am always warm, they really help in the summer.

15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Back to Portugal and then to the United Kingdom. And my vacation would be for at least a year.

16. What color is your bathroom? White? I think. I don’t really pay attention to it. When I have my own bathroom it will be decorated in rubber duckies and green duckies (frogs).

17. Favorite brand of clothing? Well, I don’t buy by brands, I buy for comfort. I guess I would say Capistrano. Maker of my many tank tops and capris and they are quite comfortable.

18. Where would you retire? Somewhere where the temperature is always between 50-70 degrees. There would be no humidity. If it rained, it would be a warm rain. There would be no snow. Ever. Stupid snow.

19. Favorite time of day? Oh, I would say it was 6:30 AM when I’m rising from my bed after a restful night sleep. Please. Are you insane? I don’t have a favorite time of day. Does anyone?

20. What was your most memorable birthday? I’ve been very lucky. My last few birthdays have been very memorable, mainly because of my friends and family. This last one was made extra-special by an impromptu performance of “I Want It That Way” by Bryan and Jay “Tice.” They started out imitating the Back Street Boys and ended up finishing the song in Three Tenor Style. It was hilarious.

21. Where were you born? Saint Paul, MN

22. Favorite sport to watch? Darts – I got to be a dart caddy at karaoke. It is a lot more exciting than you would think. I'm not really a big sports person.

23. What fabric detergent do you use? I don’t know. Keem does the laundry.

26. Coke or Pepsi? Diet Coke with Lime. Although I do like Diet Pepsi with Lime as well. It depends on which one is on sale.

27. Are you a morning person or night person? I am a mid-afternoon person.

28. What is your shoe size? I honestly have no idea. I thought I wore a size 10 shoe but, according to the woman who recently measured my feet, I am supposed to be wearing a size 8. I think she is insane because that is just not comfortable.

29. Do you have any pets? Yes. One cat. Edmund “Eddy” Fitzgerald Orange Vittum.

30. What did you want to be when you were little? An author. Gangster’s Moll. Super Friend.

31. What is something that you would like to do, but have never done? Finish my novel(s).