Thursday, July 07, 2005

Trying to remain calm

On my lunch break, I popped over to flea's blog and found her post about the bombings. I then went to Johnny's blog and found her post. Then, in a moment of panic, I realized that I do know someone who lives in London and swiftly went to Betty's blog. I was relieved to read her post that all of her family is okay and accounted for but she has friends that live in the area. It makes me glad that I blog, I might not have heard of this otherwise for awhile since I don't read or watch the news.

From what I've read, both blog wise and on Myway.com, is that there were 4 bombs set off in 3 different subway stations and also on a double decker bus. A group known as the "The Secret Organization of al-Qaida in Europe" has claimed responsibility and states this is in protest regarding England's involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan.

This is awful. I am so sorry for those who have been affected by this and hope that the perpetrators are swiftly caught. My prayers will be with the people of London.

If any of you find information on how we can lend our support, please let me know. I would like to link to the sites. Thanks!