Tuesday, September 06, 2005

I have no idea how to post about this weekend at karaoke

It was confusing and I'm not sure how to interpret any of it and Gil was there and I can't talk about what happened because that would so reveal his secret identity and, well, suffice to say that I'm truly, truly baffled (Although, on a high note, Char was there! She had a wedding this weekend and surprised Beth and I and we had a great two hours talking with her).

So, instead, I bring you pictures.

This is a trip Keem and I took to the Gervais Mill Pond in Maplewood (Roseville? Some city in Minnesota). Keem bought a digital camera recently so we've been taking excursions out to various nature centers in the Twin Cities area. Looking forward to returning to some of these places during the Fall and getting pictures of the leaves changing color. I love Minnesota in the Spring and Fall. It is completely gorgeous and memories of it keep me from going insane during Summer and Winter.

Here is Keem on the bridge. What I love about my friends and myself is that none of us like to have our pictures taken but we love to take pictures of each other. I think that both Keem and Beth are extremely photogenic and each have a wonderful beauty all of their own but will look at pictures of myself and think "Eww." I guess beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder.

DSCF0026

This would be the mill pond. One of my favorite things to take pictures of would be the reflection of trees in water. I am not sure why. It might be because I love both trees (tree hugger) and water (Pisces).

DSCF0029

Here is a bridge. I like taking pictures of bridges as well.

DSCF0037

I love this house. How nice would it be to overlook this pond and see the constant changing seasons and the water? I wouldn't want to live off of a beach because that would be loud and annoying but this, this I would like.

DSCF0033

Here are three of my favorite things in one picture - A bridge, a reflection and playing with the saturation effect on Picasa. I call this "Bridge Over Saturated Water." Yes. I am a dork. I took a test to prove it.

Bridge over saturated water

Tree! I took this picture mainly because of the red leaves and the constrast and why the heck is Fall coming so soon? It's kind of sad watching the leaves change so quickly. It's only August (okay, it was when I took the picture. I do know it's September, people).

Fall is coming

Why, look. It's another bridge.

DSCF0069

If you're interested, the rest of the pictures are here.