Sunday, September 18, 2005

Thank You

I want to thank all of you who commented on my last post. It seriously is people like you that keep me going each day - that and my happy pills. I'm hoping that with all of your support that I can finally do something about this damn weight that has plagued me for years. You guys are such a great group of people and I adore you all. Just so you know.

I am having a hard time typing this right now because I did something stupid to my back, don't know what, and I can barely sit up. My shoulders are very tense right now, my right arm feels swollen and my lower back is sending twinges of pain to my brain every five seconds, sort of a "Hey, don't forget about me! Remember me? Well, I hate you" message. I don't know what is wrong, I thought it might have been because it was going to rain or something since I've been in pain since Wednesday but I don't think that's it.

Was supposed to go out with Beth last night and ended up having to cancel which I absolutely positively hate to do. I spent most of the day lying in bed, feeling like I had been hit by a truck. One of the worst things about being in pain for me is that the really intense stuff makes me want to throw up. So all day yesterday I was wondering "If I get up, am I going to have to dash for the bathroom? Because I don't think I can dash. Let alone crawl."

Today, at least, I don't feel nauseous. That's a plus. I am going to go take a hot shower and go take a nap. Maybe go sit in the hot tub for awhile. Actually, that's a good idea. I'll go do that first.

Beth, if you read this, if you still want to go to karaoke, let me know. Since I don't feel like my head is going to explode every time I move, I would love to go.

And our title comes from:

Thank You - Dido

My tea's gone cold, I'm wondering why I
got out of bed at all
The morning rain clouds up my window,
And I can't see at all
And even if I could it'd all be grey
But your picture on my wall
It reminds me that it's not so bad
It's not so bad

I drank too much last night, got bills to pay
My head just feels in pain
I missed the bus and there'll be hell today
I'm late for work again
And even if I'm there, they'll all imply
That I might not last the day
And then you call me and it's not so bad
It's not so bad

I want to thank you
For giving me the best day of my life
Oh, just to be with you
Is having the best day of my life

Push the door,I'm home at last
And I'm soaking through and through
Then you handed me a towel
And all I see is you
And even if my house falls down now
I wouldn't have a clue
Because you're near me

And I want to thank you
For giving me the best day of my life
Oh, just to be with you
Is having the best day of my life

And I want to thank you
For giving me the best day of my life
Oh, just to be with you
Is having the best day of my life