Thursday, April 06, 2006

A day in the life of me and other random stuff

Sheryl (You all remember Sheryl, right? The extremely talented and oh-so-funny woman who created my banner? And the creator of National Delurking Week?) has come up with something I find somewhat intriguing. Last month she posted about her day, everything that happened, as an experiment. The result was that we (her loyal audience) loved it. It really gives you insight into what people are thinking. Anyway, tomorrow, April 7th, a bunch of us are going to be trying it as well. It might be something that becomes a monthly feature. If you're interested, pay her a visit and let her know if you're going to do it as well. She will link to you.

********* (this is how you will know I have moved to another random thought)

I'm upset that Mandisa got kicked off American Idol last night but she's a fantastic singer and anyone with half a brain that works in the music industry will sign her to a contract right now.

Still hoping that Chris wins but I really like Katherine McPhee as well.

Does anyone really like Ryan Seacrest? He annoys me so much. Stop picking on Simon, you wanker. He may be mean on occasion but he's much better looking than you and has more talent in his little finger than you do in your entire body. Just stand there and hold the microphone, pretty boy. See where that's going to get you.

**********

Lost was fan-bloody-tastic last night! Oh my GOD! I love episodes about Hurley. It drives me crazy that, other than Beth and James, no one I know watches the show (although Jeff started watching it with me last night because he thinks Sawyer is hot (and who can blame him, he is quite yummy) and is mad at me because he thinks he is going to get hooked). I need to discuss this with someone! I can't wait until tonight. I ended up emailing Beth last night.

From: DM
To: Beth
Subject: Lost
Oh my GOD! It was very good. Can't wait to see you tomorrow and talk about it.

From: Beth
To: DM
Subject: RE: Lost
Evil. You are evil.

From: DM
To: Beth
Subject: RE: Lost
I know. But, dammit, I had to tell someone. Do you want me to call every James in the phone book until I find him so I can say "Dude. Lost was so freakin' cool. No, I am not stalking you."

From: Beth
To: DM
Subject: RE: Lost
Actually, would you? That would be hilarious!

From: DM
To: Beth
Subject: RE: Lost
That would also be very wrong.

I'm off to bed soon. I'm assuming we are still on for tomorrow? Let me know.

Must. Stop. Eating. Icebreakers. Mints. They. Are. Like. Crack.

From: Beth
To: DM
Subject: RE: Lost
Would we not be on for tomorrow? Are you on crack? Apparently the icebreakers kind.

*********

Speaking of TV, why, why, why must I get so hooked on stupid shows? Why? I watched The Evidence last night and started bawling at the end. Dang it. But who can blame me? You've got a woman whose husband died of cancer but didn't tell her he was dying because he wanted to see her happy so everyone thought he was murdered because he fell on top of a transformer and was electrocuted, you have Martin Landau's character tell about how his father lied to him and saved his life (long story short, he was 10, his dad made him play the violin in front of Auschwitz because the Nazi officers loved German composers, especially Beethoven and, while he was playing, his father was taken off to die while he became the personal muscian of some SS officer which ended up saving his life) and Rob Este's character's wife was killed and he is still trying to solve her murder.

Plus the show has the incredibly gorgeous Orlando Jones who I adore and have the occasional naughty thought about.

***********

I'm a little irritated with myself. I heard "Heartache Tonight" on the radio and was thinking I wanted to try it at karaoke someday if we had it but couldn't figure out who sang it and the radio info was frozen on "Eartache Tonight" for the longest time. And then, finally, it showed who the band was. How could I not know it was the Eagles? I love the Eagles. I hang my head in shame.

***********
Tonight is karaoke! Karaoke! KARAOKE! I am very excited.

Apparently I am also a dork. Have a lovely day, folks. I'm outta here.