Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Wake Up Call

So, last night I took my Seraquel a little later than normal (after Heroes, which rocked, by the way and I love Hiro even more than I did before. My devotion grows each week) and it took awhile to kick in. I finally went to bed at 11:30 and was visited by Eddy sometime in the night. This consists of him walking up my body to meow at me. He wanted affection. Do you know how frustrating it is to have your cat demand attention from you and so you pet him because, yay, he never spends any time with you and then he allows you to pet him for, oh, 30 seconds before he walks away? And then you spend another five-ten minutes trying to persuade him to come back and he doesn't because he's going back to Keem's room because he really loves Keem and not you. It's very frustrating. Trust me.

Anyway, I'm tired this morning. Groggy. Lethargic. Want to crawl under my desk and take a nap. After almost falling asleep on a few stock holders (I can always tell there's a problem when I start slurring my words), I decided to get some tea. That would help, right? It's Orange Spice tea and so it is spicy and orangey and chock full of energy for a lazy Dana. I'm ready to pour the hot water into the cups and then I hear it.

A voice, echoing throughout the darkness and grogginess. A voice speaking a truth that can not be resisted. A voice that pierces the tiredness sharply.

A voice saying "Gas leak. Gas leak. Evacuate the building!"

Uh, yeah. That's not exactly what I had in mind, God, when I offered you that little prayer of "Oh, Lord, please let me wake up."

The next 30 minutes were spent in the parking lot. Fortunately I did grab my book (I wanted to get my cross-stitch but felt that would take too much time) and I was able to read. We then journeyed to the nearby VFW for approximately another 30 minutes. And then it was all over. The wait, I mean. Not the building.

Apparently there was a strong smell but nothing overly dangerous. We're all alive. Back at work and ready to finish out the day.

And I'm still tired. I just had my tea. Let's see if that works better. Not as exciting but a lot more tastier than all of that fresh air I was forced to ingest.