Friday, November 23, 2007

Holy WTF, Batman!

A few days ago, Keem and I were in Target. I needed to get socks. As I was in the socks area, I saw something that I thought was a cute patterned pair of socks. As I got closer, I realized that it wasn't a cute patterned pair of socks. It was something horrible and disgusting and just completely wrong.

What was it? THIS! This travesty!


Leg warmers! Leg WARMERS! Oh my God. Have we gone back to the 80's suddenly? Will I suddenly see people using an entire can of hair spray to make their hair as big as possible? I hated the big hair fad. It required actually having skill with using a curling iron.

Today I walked into my office, intent only on heating up my beloved Jimmy Dean breakfast buscuits for breakfast. One of my co-workers approached the area. I noticed her outfit. White t-shirt, denim mini-skirt, red high heel shoes and ACK!! Cringe!

Red freakin' leg warmers.

DM: What are you wearing? How can you be wearing leg warmers? How?
Co-worker: They're back. They're back in style.

No. No, they are not back. They never should have been here in the first place. And they're back? I'm sorry, but I associate those words with Poltergeist or the Terminator (although Arnold actually said "I'll be back" but that's not the point).

And this was an email that somehow got past my spam detector at work. I was somewhat amused.

"Bad enough," noise said harm jump degree he; "hard work and not a kind word spoken." sin Now, then, I was again happy; I nail now spit took current only 1000 drops of laudanum per day; and what was that? A l spilt Without glass buy balance a grave, unknelled, uncoffined, and unknown." "Dear me, how spade sad! Do you search mind theory division telling me your age?"

It's almost poetic.

Have a good weekend, my lovelies. I am going to go scrapbook with Beth Saturday night. It'll be very fun.

Oh! And I saw the best movie ever yesterday. If you believe in fairy tales and that dreams can come true and that there should be the possibility of people just breaking into song and dance at the slightest provocation, then you will love Enchanted. It was very, very, very cute. And there was a big dance number in Central Park!

Keem (after big dance number): I want to press rewind.
DM: Me too.