Saturday, November 03, 2007

Not exactly what she had in mind

So my sister called the other night and left a message for me.

Kari: Hi. I just wanted to let you know that there's a diabetes fair on such and such date and you can find out more information on their website.

I know she means well, I know that Liz and Beth and everyone who nags yells expresses concern in a very nice way means well. And I appreciate that. But I have a very interesting (read sarcastic) sense of humor and this was my response to the message.


DM: Ooh! A fair! Maybe they'll have cotton candy!*


I haven't told Kari this. I'm quite sure she will hit me. Beth laughed when I told her about it on Thursday night.


*I hate cotton candy, by the way. I do not understand the point of taking sugar and making it fluffy and pastel colored and then giving it to small children and then wondering why they are bouncing off the walls. Because they are children and you gave them SUGAR ON A STICK! What were you thinking? Plus I used to make cotton candy at one of the most horrible jobs ever and I hate the smell of burnt sugar.


Day 3. It's a miracle. It really helps that this year I have computer access at home.