Friday, October 03, 2008

Birds are our friends

Let's travel back further in time and remember a day spent in a sunny, foreign country. A day where Beth and I didn't get lost (miracle), where we drank fake Coke (not all Cola products are the same!) and really delicious juice and I had a bird eat out of my hand. While all of my memories of Portugal are good (even getting lost because we got a great story out of it), this is one of my favorites.

Picture 1234

I'm actually cheating - Beth took this picture but she used my camera. But still, it was a great day.

Kim and I were talking the other day about where we would live if we finally gave up on America (probably right after watching yet another horrible political ad) and I said Portugal. If I had the money, I would be there right now.

I don't know that I would ever actually leave America for good but with everything that is going on now - with the market dropping and the elections seeming to be more about popularity and less about the issues, I am both looking forward and dreading Election Tuesday. Looking forward because I can cast my vote with pride and be thankful that I live in a country where I can vote and dreading because I'm worried about another 4 years under Republican leadership (and I use that word loosely).

Saw a brilliant bumper sticker this morning - If you vote for McCain, you are insane. Awesome.