Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Hello Portugal, this is the artist formerly known as DM

A proclamation by your Queen, the formerly known DM.

Not following this proclamation could be punishable by death but I am a good and kind Queen and will probably only force non-Trekkie fans to watch hours and hours of Star Trek:TNG and Trekkie fans to watch hours and hours of any show they absolutely hate, such as Little House on the Prairie or something like that.

After my exciting trip through the airports and the flying and the horrible meal and the very good meal (check out Beth's post here and here for more details, I'll be posting my own before long) and being hit on in Amsterdam by an attractive Norwegian and cramming my humungous arse into tiny little seats, it was a great relief to get through customs and see Johnny.

Oh, world, you have no idea how beautiful and wonderful and glorious a moment it was. I laughed and cried as I was hugging her. It was amazing to finally, FINALLY, see her in person and hear her lovely accent (English but with a bit of an exotic flair to make it even cooler).

Anyway, she refers to me as either DM or Danna (DAN-ah) instead of Dana (DAY-nuh). At one point, she called me Deya and I fell in love with it right then and there. We haven't decided on spelling yet, we are vascillating between Deya or Daya or Daia (with or without an H at the end) and I have now decided that will be my new name.

I figure if my brother can legally change his name from Richard to Ric, I can go to Daia (or Deya or Daya).

I'll be trying it out over the next few days to see if it sticks. Let me know what you think. I still have not received one email from anyone other than my sister Suz to let me know how Ric is doing (he had surgery recently). Dang it!

My email address is greenduckiesgirl@gmail.com, loyal subjects. Please drop me a line, your Queen CarpeDaya comands it (Oh, hell, I'll stick with CarpeDM for the blog).

Much love and if I was near you, I would kiss you on both cheeks. It is the Portie way, you know.