Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Morning hasn't even broken

It's 4:24. I am awake. Why? I'm not really sure. Something woke me up at 4:00 and I can't get back to sleep. So what better to do than blog?

A couple of things that might not make any sense to anyone but the person that it is directed to:

Matthew, that is the dumbest question (well, technically it was a statement) you have ever asked me. Seriously. If I want to see you, indeed. Of course I do. Dork. You are lucky that I don't ground you for it. Email me at greenduckiesgirl@gmail.com. I'll have to give you a call later this week, once I talk to your sister. Perhaps we can have a feast for the prodigal son. Except that you're not really the prodigal son. The true prodigal son wouldn't get a feast, even if he did show up. No, he would get kicked to the curb (why is this stupid phrase stuck in my head? Why? This is the 2nd time I've used it recently).

Johnny, would you let me know if it is possible to get distilled water at a store near you? I'd rather not try to lug a jug (hee! I rhymed) with me. Because you know it will break open.

And now to stuff that is directed to all of you but will probably not make any sense because it's 5 in the morning and I'm tired.

I am going to be really, really glad when tax season is over. Seriously. If I hear one more person ask me what their cost basis is, I may scream. 4 days to go. Thank God.

I got my iPod shuffle! Totally cool. I got to karaoke early on Sunday and got to wait for Beth with tunes. And when the karaoke machine wasn't working, we played darts and listened to tunes. I, of course, found myself singing out loud to Ghost of the Robot's tune, "Dangerous." Which doesn't surprise me, actually. When Beth and I went to Vegas, she had to keep nudging me because I was singing to Billy Idol's greatest hits. James Marsters, the former front man for GotR, played Spike on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel and, according to Buffy in the last season, Billy Idol modeled his look on Spike. This is yet another thing that Beth and I disagree with about men (we have absolutely different taste), I love the look of slight but still muscular men with platinum blond hair and if they can sing, so much better. Barry, of The In Crowd fame, has that slight build and reminds me of Spike when he was William (That will make no sense to anyone who has never watched Buffy. Sorry).

I cannot wait until I go to Portugal. Absolutely cannot wait. I am thrilled beyond belief. Of course, thrilled beyond belief also includes shaking in my sandals because it involves a) flying and b) getting on an airplane and c) being really, really freakin' high in the air. Have I mentioned that I'm not really a good flyer and Beth had to hold my hand on our trip to Vegas because I'm not good at landing or taking off?

I just tried to access my account online. I entered in www.nababna.com and get a error message that reads, and I kid you not, "We are unable to find www.nababna.com. Did you mean www.nababna.com?" Um, yeah, I think so. Stupid internet. Okay, now it's telling me it can't find the server. Maybe it is stupid www.nababna.com that is the problem.

Anyway, I'm pretty tired so I'm going to try sleeping again.

Ciao!