Thursday, April 14, 2005

"Stick" Meme

I've been challenged by DeAnn to complete this and I feel the need to comply. I had seen this on Johnny Crow's website and thought about completing it but didn't since I was being lazy. So here goes...

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be (This refers to the fact that people in the book memorized their favorite book and, in essence, became that book)?: I would have to be two books. Kane & Abel and The Prodigal Daughter by Jeffrey Archer


Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character? Of course. I have crushes on everyone. There was a huge one on this guy named Eppe in The First Book of Eppe. I always wished the author would do another book about this guy. He reminded me of Holden Caulfield but funnier. I also had a thing for Petrucio from The Taming of the Shrew.

The last book you bought is: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I won't get it until June though. I ordered it from flea because I figured I'd rather give her money than Wal-Mart, especially since she's taking 15% of the profits and giving to children's charities in the Chicago area.

The last book you read: The Hope Chest. It was an anthology by three different authors about this mysterious hope chest and it was okay. Nothing spectacular. A romance novel that hooked me into buying it because it started in Regency England and ended up on Mars, 300 years into the future.

What are you currently reading?: The Other Side of the Story by Marion Keyes. I like her work. I usually have a couple books going at the same time but not this week. Too much work concentrating on what I need for Portugal and also finding out that my brother is in the hospital.

Five books you would take to a deserted island:

DeAnn thought this was a fun question but she is obviously insane. How could you possibly live on a deserted island with only 5 books? That is sheer torture. But I'll give it a try.

The Complete Works of Shakespeare - Volume One and Two (it's been too long since I've read them so it would be good for me (and we're pretending this is one book. If I have to, I will glue them together))
The Giving Tree
Complete Works of O Henry
Things My Girlfriend and I Have Argued About (Mil Millington is insanely funny)
Northern Lights (I have to have a Nora Roberts book and this one is about Alaska and hopefully it will make me forget how hot the stupid island is)

Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 people) and why?

Beth: Because we have completely different tastes when it comes to reading and I'd like to know what she would bring to the deserted island.
Keem: Because she needs to update.
Carol: Because I would love to know more about what she reads.

I would have said Matt and Johnny but I think Matt has limited computer time and Johnny has too much on her mind right now.

DeAnn also posted this short meme from Katie (although she changed the wording slightly):

Bold the states you've visited, italicize the states you've lived in and CAPITALIZE the state you're in now:

Alabama / Alaska / Arizona / Arkansas / California / Colorado / Connecticut / Delaware / Florida / Georgia / Hawaii / Idaho / Illinois / Indiana / Iowa / Kansas / Kentucky / Louisiana / Maine / Maryland / Massachusetts / Michigan / MINNESOTA / Mississippi / Missouri / Montana / Nebraska / Nevada / New Hampshire / New Jersey / New Mexico / New York / North Carolina / North Dakota / Ohio / Oklahoma / Oregon / Pennsylvania / Rhode Island / South Carolina / South Dakota / Tennessee / Texas / Utah / Vermont / Virginia / Washington / West Virginia / Wisconsin / Wyoming / Washington, D.C /

Hey, if I visit Indiana, I'll have gone to all of the I states. I'm not sure if that's something to be excited about.