Friday, January 28, 2005

Dana, Queen of the Zombies

I am sick. I knew it was going to happen. I could tell the other day.

Yesterday I stayed home from work because I felt like throwing up every time I took a breath. I slept very late and then spent most of the day watching Buffy episodes (season 2 and the beginning of season 3).

I still do not have my computer up because Keem is sick as well. Maybe tonight? I don't know. She is still sick, but like me, decided to return to work today.

I am back at work today, not because I am feeling any better but because my sickness has moved on from drainage (causing me to want to throw up) to stuffiness. The next to come, probably in the next day or two, will be the congestion moving into my chest and taking up residence. I am hoping it will not be too bad. I used to get bronchitis twice a year and I do not want to repeat that. Of course, that was when I was smoking over a pack of cigarettes a day.

I want to crawl back into bed and sleep but instead I am looking forward to an exciting day of listening to people complain about the stock market. At least it's Friday. Beth and I talked about my going to Fridleykins tonight and spending the weekend at her place. I am not up for that. I want to go to conserve my strength because Keem and I are planning on going over on Saturday to scrapbook with her. And Sunday is karaoke. We have not missed a Sunday night at karaoke for quite some time. I am not planning on missing karaoke until we go to Portugal.

The title is because one of the Buffy episodes I watched was Dead Man's Party. There is a mask that raises the dead and Buffy and the Slayerettes are attacked by a bunch of zombies. I feel somewhat zombie like but as Queen of the Universe, you know I can't just settle for being a zombie. I must rule them.

You know, I think the Dayquil just kicked in. I'm starting to get a little weird. Well, weirder than normal. Have a good day, everyone. Think of me, struggling to get through the day.

Previous Comments:

At 11:44 AM, The Lioness said...
yes, I'm feeling sickly myself, more so since I just found out they changed jy exam date, so it's not on the 16th April instead of the 1st, can you still change your vacation time? I HATE VET SCHOOL!!!!! HATE HATE HATE IT! Hopefully you can, pleas ejust let me know. Feel better dahling.