Saturday, January 29, 2005

The High School Meme

Frog recently posted this and I am glad. I have been looking for a good meme. It should be interesting trying to remember back to high school. On May 31st, it will be 20 years since I graduated.

What were your three favorite bands?

I know I liked Madonna. Mainly I listened to whatever was played on KDWB. Or to my soundtrack of Jesus Christ Superstar.

What was your favorite outfit?

I wore jeans. I would usually top it with either a mint green vest over a peach long sleeved shirt (or it could have been vice versa, I just remember the colors) or my dad’s old flannel shirts that I found in the attic after he moved out.

What was up with your hair?

I have always been hair challenged. This was during the mid-80’s (83-85) and I did not know how to work a curling iron. The only time my hair feathered was when someone did it for me. So my hair was never truly BIG, thank God.

Who were your friends?

I hung out with people from the Newspaper and Yearbook staff. Sue, Kathy and also Anya (although she wasn’t on either). Plus our advisor, Mrs. Johnson.

What did you do after school?

Usually worked on the Newspaper or the Yearbook. I was also in most of the plays so I spent a lot of time with the Drama Club as well.

What did you do in your summers?

Went to the library. Worked crappy part time jobs through the state because we were poor.

Did you take the bus?

Yep. Never got my driver’s license. Still don’t have it.

Who did you have a crush on?

You name him; I probably had a crush on him. I was amazingly fickle. In one week, I had a crush on 10 different guys. I remember that on my list of boys I liked, one of them was known only as “Boy who held the drinking fountain for me.”

Did you fight with your parents?

Of course. Mainly my mother, since my parents were divorced since I was 13 and I rarely saw my father.

Who did you have a celebrity crush on?

No one that I recall exactly. I do remember that my mom turned the TV off once when I was drooling over a video of Prince in a bathtub of bubbles.

Did you smoke cigarettes?

Yes. A pack lasted me about ten days.

Did you lug all of your books around in your backpack all day because you were too nervous to find your locker?

No.

Did you go to prom?

No. My senior year, my boyfriend and I went to see Heavy Metal, the movie (it was a midnight movie (earlier, cult movies were played at this one theater) and then have sex for the first time in the back seat of his Omni. I’m thinking prom would have been better, knowing what I know now.

Where did you think you'd be at the age you are now?

I had plans. I was going to write the All American novel, follow it up with several well-written sequels and amaze everyone with my brilliance. I was going to return to my high school in triumph, a much thinner, richer, beauty queen who married extremely well and prove to the cliques that they missed out when they excluded me.

Nothing turned out the way I planned, except for realizing that they did miss out. I was, and am, way too cool for them.

Frog got this via chasmyn.

Previous Comments:

At 1:38 AM, DeAnn said...
Keep up the posting while I'm gone. I'll miss you!!
At 1:46 PM, The Lioness said...
HEY!!!! CATEGORIES!!!! Cool!!! Now, to prevent them from being right on top of the links, insert this tag after the code for them is over:<><>MINUS the spaces btwn characters, had to do it this way bcs Blogger doesn't accept tags within comments. The B stands for Break and is equivalent to pressing Enter.CONGRATS!!!