Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Glimpses of the Day

I have a feeling that today is going to suck.

It's just a feeling. Oh, and a few things that have already happened this morning. Would you like a breakdown of my morning? Of course you would.

6:00 AM Keem woke me up to tell me that she had acid reflux and would not be going into work. That meant I had to take the bus.

7:12 AM My alarm clock starts blaring. I get out of bed and immediately want to throw up. No. I am not pregnant. I am coming down with a cold. Stupid germs.

8:30 AM Arrive at work, after joyous bus ride (actually, it wasn't that bad. I did get to start my new book, Charlie All Night by Jennifer Crusie and it's very funny so far). Heat up breakfast purchased at tiny store in my building.

8:32 AM Open up breakfast. Go to bite into said breakfast. Realize that breakfast is moldy.

8:33 AM Try very hard not to throw up, realizing how close I came to eating mold.

Okay. Maybe it's not going to be completely crap but it does not have a good start to it.

But hey, the system that was not working the last two days is back up and I can actually do my job without having to keep telling people to call back. So that's good, right?

Previous Comments:

At 2:19 PM, brooksba said...
DM,I'm sorry for the crappy morning. That's too bad. I hope Keem is also feeling better soon. Poor Keem. Poor DM who almost ate icky mold. Not good. Get better NOW! Beth