Tuesday, August 30, 2005

An alarming post

Okay. Perhaps I have a tendency to go overboard about some stuff but this sentence just irks me. Keem will read it to me now every time we get into the elevator because it makes the hackles rise on the back of my neck. She is evil like that.

The office is letting us know that the fire alarms are going to be tested in the building. Cool. This is good to know that they do test the alarms so that we don't all die in a fiery blaze. Right?

But this is what bugs me:

"You will hear the alarms sound in your apartment so don't be alarmed."

ARGH!

I'm not perfect, I realize this, especially since I once told Matt (the boss) that I used to have a thing for the Thing from Fantastic Four.

Probably the worst phrase ever is this one from Plan 9 From Outer Space:

"Now, don't you worry. The saucers are up there. The graveyard is out there. But I'll be locked up safely in there. "

Okay. I'm done vanting. Carry on with your day. Unless you have a pet peeve you'd like to share with me. That would be fun.