Sunday, August 21, 2005

Chances Are

I posted this at 3:00 AM on Sunday morning but then my stupid computer decided to thwart me. So I am going to post it again. And you better work, computer, or we will tangle (actually I’m at work now so it was my home computer that I’m going to tangle with).

I found this on frog’s blog and liked it. Frog got this from Goddess Dea but I’m not sure who she is so I can’t link to her as well. I think it’s a great idea and we should probably all do it. The only problem is, of course, is that this “assignment” is going to convince new readers of what a flake I really and truly am.

Here is what frog has on her blog, I’m not sure if these are her words or Goddess Dea but I liked what it says so I’m just copying directly.

Chances are people you don't even know are being introduced to your journal every day, either randomly or through someone else. In addition to recent entries, people can get to know you better by what you posted in the past. With that in mind post a link to your entries on this day exactly six months ago, nine months ago, and a year ago. If there was no entry on that day, link the closest date.

Six months ago today.

Nine months ago today.

One year ago today.

Please remember that the post from nine months ago was written before I officially met Gil and the one from six months ago was written before I was aware that I liked him. I am not fickle. Really, I’m not. Oh, shut up. You sound like my sister.

And, because I’ve been singing the song to myself, here are the lyrics to “Chances Are.”


Chances Are - Johnny Mathis

Chances are 'cause I wear a silly grin
The moment you come into view
Chances are you think that I'm in love with you

Just because my composure sort of slips
The moment that your lips meet mine
Chances are you think my heart's your Valentine

In the magic of moonlight when I sigh, "Hold me close, dear"
Chances are you believe the stars that fill the skies are in my eyes

Guess you feel you'll always be the one and only one for me
And if you think you could
Well, chances are your chances are awfully good

Chances are you believe the stars that fill the skies are in my eyes

Guess you feel you'll always be the one and only one for me
And if you think you could
Well, chances are your chances are awfully good

The chances are your chances are awfully good