Monday, February 13, 2006

Greetings, Earthling...I mean Alien

So if you're stumbling onto my blog from Blog in Space, you might have some questions about me (I apologize to the seven or eight of you that already read my blog because you know most of this stuff).

Here are the basics.


  1. My name is Dana Marie Vittum. If you know someone with that last name, they are related to me. Somehow.
  2. I'm 38. I'm going to be 39 in (gasp) 26 days. I am less than thrilled about this.
  3. I am very, very, very single. However, I have the distinct pleasure of being absolutely, totally, crazy in like with a comic book geek who may or may not have OCD. His name is James but he was previously referred to as Gil which stood for Guy I like and was also an homage to Gil Grissom from CSI:. I love a creative fake name.
  4. Said comic book geek is not absolutely, totally, crazy in like with me. He is, however, aware of how I feel about him because I got incredibly drunk and decided to tell him this.
  5. I also compared him to Batman. Adam West Batman. Because I am a complete and total dork and think that Adam West is hot. And Batman is the coolest super hero ever.
  6. My profile picture was taken when I was completely sober. I am easy to amuse (It was, however, taken the night after the incredibly drunken blabbing my innermost thoughts to the entire bar (and oh, do they love to ask me when I'm going to drink again) so it is quite possible that I was still drunk. Probably not, since there are pictures of me wearing seven or eight birthday hats all over my face and another picture of me holding a squeeze ball to my nose and saying "Look! I'm a clown!" and there was no alcohol involved on either of these occasions).
  7. You might be able to tell from the picture and the title of my blog that I like ducks.
  8. You may be confused by my banner and wonder why there is a frog being hatched from a duck egg when I have said that I like ducks. For the record, Green Duckies are frogs. The reason why they are called Green Duckies is here.
  9. I am the self-proclaimed Queen of the Universe.
  10. My roommate, Keem, will tell you that she is the real Queen of the Universe but she is lying. She only says it to irritate me.
  11. I am a tree hugger.
  12. When I say that I am a tree hugger, I mean that I literally hug trees. Which irritates Keem but fills me with a sense of well being.
  13. Keem and I have an odd relationship in which we seem to exist only to irritate each other. It's kind of fun.
  14. No, we are not a lesbian couple (someone always asks). Not that there's anything wrong with that.
  15. Considering I rarely ever watched Seinfeld, I know way too many quotes from that damn show. I blame Puddy. He's hot. I watched it for him.
  16. I have a tendency to be somewhat random and can scare people if they try to follow my train of thought.
  17. If I was a Star Trek character, it would be James T Kirk. My two best friends would be (decided after hours of discussion (okay, maybe 5 minutes) Spock (Beth) and Bones (Keem). However, my favorite Star Trek show is Star Trek: TNG.
  18. I happen to enjoy William Shatner's singing. Shut up.
  19. I love, love, love, love to read. I cannot get enough of reading. I was forbidden to read at the table as a child and it warped me, I think. I was probably the only child in the world who ever got yelled at for reading cereal boxes. And seriously, how often can you read monosodium glusomate without going a little insane?
  20. I believe in aliens. Obviously.
  21. I believe in vampires but not really. I don't know how to explain that. For example, I will use the phrase "But what if there are vampires?" any time I am asked to do something I don't want to do. Such as take the bus. Because you never know when those bus vampires are going to be roaming around in the middle of the day. Also, I am a big Buffy and Angel fan and enjoy some books written about vampires (MaryJanice Davidson is hilarious. You should read her now). However, do I think that guy who is running for govenor is actually a vampire? No. I think he is a great big freak and anyone who said anything bad about Jesse Ventura should take it back right now.
  22. I believe that's about all the random facts about me that you can take for now. Plus, I'm getting kicked off the internet. More to come later.