Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Now for something not weight or money related

So. Holly over at Nothing But Bonfires posted this wonderful survey thing (we're not calling it a meme, apparently) and I liked it lots and hopefully you will as well. It's a great way for us to get to know each other and will distract me from the ups (weight loss) and downs (financial fiasco) of my life.

In Holly's words "Here is what you have to do. You just have to answer five questions. They are easy questions and there is no math required and I will not ask you what color underwear you are wearing, and you can probably do them in ten seconds. And everyone likes answering questions! Right? Or is that just me? I always fill out the “How was your experience?” cards at hotels and restaurants. Sometimes twice." This is a girl after my own heart. No math and I also fill out the 'How was your experience' cards.

Okay. This is weird. My iTunes is playing "I'll Be There" by Hootie and the Blowfish and Hootie just sang something about being alone in Charleston. But I suppose that's probably only weird if you knew that Holly lives in Charleston. Which you probably didn't.

Again, in Holly's words "Anyway, here are your questions. You can be as brief in your answers as you like, or as long-winded. You can dot the “i”s with little hearts if you’d like, too."

1) What are you currently reading? Do you like it enough to tell me to use my $25 gift certificate to Barnes and Noble to purchase it? I would say check it out from the library as Holly did but I have not been able to convince Keem that going to the library would be a good thing. She calls me a book pusher.

2) If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?

3) "If no-one would ever know about it and you’d feel no raging guilt or remorse—and also if you could do it without splattering blood on yourself and totally ruining your shoes—who would you remove from the planet forever? (It can’t be me. What, you want me crying under my desk all afternoon?)" - Again, this was in Holly's words.

4) What is your favorite word? And what is your least favorite word?

5) Please describe your hair.

Here were my answers:

1. My purse book is American Gods - Neal Gaiman. I’m about five chapters in and I’m hooked. My home book is Whiteout by some Follett guy (can’t remember his first name) and I like him as well. He also wrote Night Over Water and that was excellent.*

*That Follett guy is actually Ken Follett and I just finished Whiteout tonight. Not as good as Night Over Water but still, pretty damn good.

2. Um, I’m assuming calories don’t count, right? Because I just joined Weight Watchers and have planned on never eating them again. The salty goodness that are French Fries. Or Garlic Roasted Mashed Potatoes. Or Ribs. Dang it. Now I’m hungry. And I can’t choose!

3. I try to ignore politics but I really, really, really dislike George Bush. But if I whack him, Cheney becomes president. I’m not sure what is worse. Maybe the guy who is running for gov of Minnesota that is a vampire. He irritates me. And people laughed at Jesse Ventura. Please. Jesse’s cool.

4. Favorites are thwack, thwart and segue. I hate the g-d dammit word. I’m not overly religious but that just strikes me as blasphemy. If I ever catch myself using it, I will apologize to God. Does that make me weird? It does, doesn’t it?

5. I have no idea what my natural hair color is - maybe black? Brown? I’ve been dying it forever. Right now it is dyed Cinnamon Stick from a box that has the highlights and regular dye together. Except that I got bored with the highlighting part, took the goop and just ran my hands through my hair. It’s interesting…kind of orangish brown. I’m also trying to grow it so I got a perm and I kind of look like a poodle.*

*And now the roots are gray. Stupid roots. Permanent color, my ass.

Doesn't this seem like fun?