Why am I up at 5:12 in the morning? That's a great question, do you mind holding while I check into that for you?
Why? I'll give you 3 guesses. Here's a couple of clues.
He's grey. He's a cat. His name is Sebastian.
AND HE NEVER SHUTS UP!
Anyway, since it's my shift now during Cat Watch '07, here's a meme that I gleefully stole from the lovely Miss Melissa.
1. Name one person who made you laugh last night?
It was actually yesterday morning. Keem and I had the following conversation after watching Eddy start throwing the smack down on Sebastian. Oh, I wish I would have had the camera nearby. Eddy rose up on his hind legs in a classic karate pose (well, classic cat karate pose, I guess) and started flailing his paw. He didn't actually connect with Sebastian's face but it was hilarious, 3 very well excuted slaps.
DM: It's Eddy and his paw of...paw of...
I try to think of something, anything, witty but I am so damn tired!
DM: Hee! The paw of Justice!
This makes us laugh for approximately 15 minutes. All the way down to the car in the elevator. Into the car. On the way to work. It's not that funny but we are sleep deprived.
As Keem pulls out of the parking ramp, we are assaulted by the sunlight. You know, since we've been working this shift from November 1st, you'd think we'd be aware of the fact that the sun is gong to be out there, lurking, just waiting to catch us.
DM: Argh! Bright! Bright! Can't see!
Keem: Blind! Tears! Paw of Justice!
We dissolve into hysterical giggles again. Until I start coughing.
Keem: Don't die, Dana. I would be sad but I wouldn't be able to cry. Because of all the tears from laughing.
And that sets us off again.
2. What were you doing at 0800?
Well, since it is now 05:37, I'll have to say that yesterday at 8 AM, I was trying to sleep. And failing. Because of CATS!
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Sleeping. The sleep of the just. Until Keem woke me up and told me it was my turn to deal with HIM (that would be Sebastian, just in case you've not noticed the running theme here).
4. What happened to you in 2006?
Um...let's see. Do I happen to have a handy post that talks about what happened in 2006? Why, yes, I do.
5. What was the last thing you said out loud?
SHUT UP, damn it! Do you understand that I have to sleep? Do you? Why are you torturing me like this? Why?*
*I bet you can't guess who I said it to.
6. How many beverages did you have today?
Lots of water. A can of Mountain Dew, a can of Diet Coke, a can of Squirt (I like to live on the edge). A thing of Mountain Dew with supper. Diet Coke would be a lot better if it tasted like Mountain Dew.* And before anyone tells me I shouldn't have Mountain Dew because I'm diabetic, let me just tell you this. I am too tired to not have lots and lots of caffiene. Caffiene is my friend right now.
*Don't recommend Diet Mountain Dew. It tastes horrible.
7. What colour is your hairbrush?
Yes, because my hairbrush color provides such deep and meaningful insight . But it's purple.
8. What was the last thing you paid for?
Dinner from Hot City Pizza. Yummy hoagies.
9. Where were you last night?
10. What colour is your front door?
It's door colored. Brown, I think.
11. Where do you keep your change?
In Pig. Or Pigette. Depending on whichever one of them looks the hungriest.
12. What’s the weather like today?
Dark. Cranky. Tired.
Oh, weather, not my mood. Um, dark? Cold. Possibly snowing today.
13. What’s the best ice-cream flavour?
Haagen Daz Light Mint Chocolate Chip. Yummy.
14. What excites you?
Right now, I would have to say sleep. Or it could be my upcoming marriage to Co-Worker Jaime.*
*I proposed to him yesterday. But he's allowed to date. I'm done with that stuff. And we're not going to live together. I just want to get married before I die.**
**Yes, it's a joke. Although he is amenable to Bryan marrying us.
DM: Bryan would have to marry us.
Jaime: Who's Bryan?
DM: My karaoke host. He's an athiest minister.
Amber: What exactly does an athiest minister talk about?
DM: Um, love? I guess?
Then I tried to explain about the Church of the Angry Frankensten Monsters. My co-workers think I'm weird now.
15. Do you want to cut your hair?
No. I already cut it. It looks okay.
16. Are you over the age of 25?
Uh, yeah. By 15 years.
17. Do you talk a lot?
Well, Keem tells me to use my inside my head voice a lot so I'd say yes.
18. Do you watch the O.C.?
No. I have enough shows to watch. Who else is excited that American Gladiators is coming back besides Keem and I?
19. Do you know anyone named Steven?
Not to my knowlege.
20. Do you make up your own words?
Yes. Mainly by combining words - shup (shut up), vant (vent/rant).
This amused me today.
21. Are you a jealous person?
Of what? People who are sleeping right now?
22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘A’
23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’
24. Who’s the first person on your received call list?
25. What does the last text message you received say
It was from the cell phone company.
26. Do you chew on your straw?
Why would I chew on my straw when there are perfectly good pens around here.
27. Do you have curly hair?
No. My hair hates me.
28. Where’s the next place you’re going to?
29. Who’s the rudest person in your life?
Probably me. I can be bitchy and have no filter sometimes.
30. What was the last thing you ate?
Hoagie from Hot City.
31. Will you get married in the future?
Unless it is to Co-worker Jaime, probably not.
32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks?
33. Is there anyone you like right now?
How to you mean this like? Is this friendship like because I have tons of those people. If it's romantic like, been there, done that.
34. When was the last time you did the dishes?
The dishes are not on my chore list. Unloading the dishasher is. I'm a little behind on that.
35. Are you currently depressed?
Yes. That's what Effexor is for.
36. Did you cry today?
Not yet. I will if Sebastian doesn't shut up soon.
37. Why did you answer and post this?
Needed something to do while I tried to convince Sebastian to be quiet.