Friday, November 26, 2004

Busted

At about 5:00 PM today, my boss asked if he could talk to me for a minute.

For some reason, having my boss (any boss, past or present) coming up to my desk and asking me if he/she could talk to me for a minute fills me with total fear. I don't know why that is. Mike F. used to go nuts because every time he asked to talk to me I would always ask him if he was firing me. No matter what. I don't know why, it is just a reflex.

So Mike N. asks me this and the first thing I say to him is "Are you firing me?"

He laughs and says no. Matt, who I know from my previous job at NABABNA, mock whispers "Mike, should I start cleaning out her desk?" We laugh. Hahaha. We're all so clever here at NABABNA.

Mike brings me into the conference room and we sit down. He then shows me a stack of papers stapled together that is about a half inch in thickness. It is a list of internet sites. Apparently, in one week, I visited over 500 web sites. 500. FIVE HUNDRED. How the hell did I do that?

Well, this report that they run, it only shows links that you click. So, for example, if I go to Beth's site and she has three new posts. So I want to leave comments on each one. That's a total of four links right there. Yikes. It seriously adds up when you think that I go through my entire blogroll list everyday at work. And if someone has linked to someone else or recommended visiting someone else's site, I'll click that. And so on and so on and so on. Yikes again. Mike did point out in my favor that I was only going on these links before and after work or during lunches and breaks. But still. 500 links is a lot. And one of these links garnered some extra attention because it was the post that Lioness had done about Samuel. So all they could see was one of the links had the word penis in it. I'm going to have to say it. Triple yikes. I did explain to Mike what that link was about and he was cool with it as well. But still.

While I haven't been grounded from the internet, I have been asked to tone it down just a tad. So that means I'll have to save my commenting and obsessive clicking (some of you people just don't post enough, dang it) for times like this. Hope you all understand.

Oh, and thanks, all of you, for being so interesting and funny and clever that you got me in hot water at work. Bunch of trouble makers.

You know I'm joking, right? You felt the love with the interesting and funny and clever part, right? You're not taking the trouble makers part seriously, right?

3 Comments:
At 12:36 PM, The Lioness said...
I don't understand (and sorry abt the penis bit, I've been trying to change it to p*nis but Blogger won't let me into those posts). If you only do it bfr and after work, and during lunch hour, why is it bad? Does it cost them more? Also, there's a service that will tell you when blogs are updated: if you get a My Yahoo Page (free), you can set up RSS feeds so you receive the first few lines of any blog you choose and it shows the last time there were new posts; or try bloglines.
At 2:32 PM, brooksba said...
Poor Dana. =(I'm sorry you got busted. Does your work have a resource room? That would be nice, huh?I miss you already and we just played cards last night. Do I have to go to work? I want to go to a movie.
At 6:49 PM, Firebear said...
I hate when work gets in the way of blogging! Yes, I am fine, yes, I need to blog more. Yes I am trying my best. Yes I miss you guys! And don't give up on me yet!