Monday, November 01, 2004

Hairy topic

This may be just conversation. It could be. I don't know. Androids confuse me.

Data: You changed your hair color.
DM: I did. I like to change it every 3 months or so (once the gray hits, it's time for a new color. It's always fun).
Data: Hair is meant to be played with.
DM: Yes. Yes, it is.

Does that mean something? Was it a subtle hint that he would like to, in his android way, play with my hair? Or like me to play with his? I'm just going to take it as conversation but still, I am a woman and am required by law to obsess about this sort of thing. Stupid android.

Oh, and Bobby got a haircut. It looks really cute. I did not leap over the bar and run my fingers through it though. I have some self-respect. Not a heck of a lot but I must retain my dignity (anyone who watched me give Greenday a drink of my Diet Coke with a slice of lime (we're back up to two slices again!) last night is probably choking with laughter right now). Did I mention his haircut? No. The reason why? I was getting Matt's water refill and I could seriously see myself starting to say "Bobby, I like your haircut" and instead, saying something like this:

"You so pretty. Hair. I like. Mmm, water. Oh, my God, your hands. Wah. Ter."

Although, considering he always has this half smile everytime I go up to the bar, I'm thinking I probably have said something like this during the pouring of the water.

You realize I humiliate myself simply for your amusement, right? I would never ever do anything like this if it wasn't that I'm constantly thinking of new ways to bring joy to your lives. I'm such a great Queen of the Universe.

Previous Comments:

At 1:18 AM, brooksba said...
Dana!Commenty time! I am happy.I loved the "Wah. Ter." It reminded me of a South Park episode for some odd reason (it had to do with Helen Keller). I don't know if you've ever slipped with Bobby, but I know he noticed you didn't walk in the door with me this Sunday. He likes having you there.The hair comment from Data. I don't know. I don't know him at all and I hope it means he wants to play with your hair. I want to see Dana having someone to play with her hair. That's fun. And cute!Beth
At 2:35 AM, DeAnn said...
Girl, that is TOTALLY flirtation! He wants to play with your hair. I don't know if I think that's cute or weird.
At 7:05 AM, The Lioness said...
"Hair is meant to be played with." Yes. Flirt. Definite flirt. YEY!!!!!!!!!
At 9:32 AM, Firebear said...
i don't know if its flirting, why don't you ask data?Mr. Data, just wondering when you said hair was meant to be played with, was that flirting? if so what level? a)I was almost a barber when I was younger, so I always notice hairb) it was just a quick flirt, nothing to itc) damn it, why isn't she noticing I am flirting with her, flirt?that should clear everything up