Thursday, December 07, 2006

O Memey Meme, the memes were brightly memeing

Welcome to the 2006 Holiday* Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends! You know the drill. Don't be a Scrooge McDuck!!!

*Yeah, they say holiday but this is all about Christmas. Not a Hanakkuh or Kwaanza question in the bunch. I apologize for this meme's obvious bias. But I was bored.

1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate. Eggnog is disgusting. Although I do like the smell of it.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree? He wraps them.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I don’t know. Keem does the decorating. I think it’s colored lights on the tree.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No but hmm, maybe I should start doing that. Especially at the Chalet.

5. When do you put your decorations up? I don’t. I like to be surprised. Keem puts up the tree and I take pictures of Eddy helping her.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I’m not sure of the spelling and I haven’t had it in years but it is Slacie Klase and it is this very heavy German dish made out of potatoes that sits at the bottom of your stomach like a rock but is so worth being really uncomfortable right after you eat.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Sneaking up on my mom in the basement and seeing her wrap tons and tons of books as a present for me. Going to my Grandmother’s house for Christmas.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What are you insinuating here? What truth about Santa? He’s not an axe murderer, is he?

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We always got to open one gift as kids. Now I go to two celebrations, Eric’s Dad’s house on Christmas Eve and Eric’s Mom’s house on Christmas Day.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I don’t. Keem does. I think it has blue stuff on it. And lights. Maybe a garland or two.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I have mixed feelings about snow. I can handle a little bit of it, especially if it is fluffy. But I can’t stand the really wet, thick stuff that makes everyone tense about driving.

12. Can you ice skate? I haven’t been on ice skates in at least 25 years. The correct answer is no.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I’ve got some awesome gifts over the years – my barrister bookshelf from Mom and Kari, wonderful presents at the Sheepsheadian Gift Exchanges but the best present would be Panda. My Grandmother gave him to me when I was 7 and he’s going to be 32 this year. Right now he’s been skinned and is hanging in my shower, waiting for new stuffing and to be sewed in some places.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? I want to say presents but that’s just wrong (but I really like presents) so I’ll say getting together with family and friends and watching Josh’s excitement and interpretive dances (he’s so my nephew).

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pecan Pie, baby. Bring it on. I am also fond of Cinnamon ice cream with some sort of apple thing.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I don’t really have one. Since Kari’s the only close relative I have here, I just go where she tells me I’m going. I will say that I’m very fond of the Swedish meatballs that Rob makes for Christmas Eve. Yum.

17. What tops your tree? Again with the tree questions? Do you not pay attention? I don’t do the decorating.

18. Which do you prefer - giving or receiving? I am equally fond of both. Receiving is awesome but it is also a lot of fun to come up with theme gifts for Beth and Keem. Not that I have any clue what my theme is this year.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Silent Night (Franz Gruber is my many great uncle by marriage), O Holy Night (but I’m getting sick of Kool 108 only playing the Josh Groban version) and Blue Christmas (Hey, I love Elvis. Shup).

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? It’s not so much yum as it is fun to suck on the candy cane and make it into a point and then stab your sister with it (okay, we were young. And yes, we got into a lot of trouble. But no one put out an eye). I do like candy canes with hot chocolate, preferably with some peppermint schnapps added. Or butterscotch schnapps but you really can't put candy canes in that, it just tastes funny then.

This was fun. If you’re interested, try it yourself. I needed a new post.

My reaction to this was "Oh, great. That's just awesome." Why, yes, I was being sarcastic. How'd you know?

Your Birthdate: March 11

You may watch someone from afar before you finally decide to make your move.
It takes a long time for you to develop an attraction to someone.
Generally, you prefer to pick who you love. Anyone who tries to rush you is in for some heartache.

Number of True Loves You'll Have: 1

Number of Times You'll Have Your Heart Broken: 1

You are most compatible with people born on the 2nd, 11th, 20th, and 29th of the month.