Friday, December 08, 2006

Reason #453 why I hate winter

Dry air. Dry, freakin' air. And static caused by the dryness. I hate it. I hate the insides of my nose feeling like a Triscuit (thanks for the description, Beth!), I hate not being able to touch anything metal without getting shocked, I hate the fact that my cat is finally coming to me for attention in the morning and I keep getting little jolts every time I pet him.

But the worst thing about the dry air? Waking up this morning and getting a bloody nose. There's nothing like standing in your bathroom and watching the blood stream out of your nose, splash all over your neck and breasts* and plop, plop, plop in the sink. Looked like a CSI: episode by the time it was done.

*What? I sleep in the nude. Good thing too, otherwise that would result in additional laundry. After doing 5 loads last weekend, I'm avoiding it for a little while.