Friday, December 22, 2006

Oh my golly, have a holly jolly meme I've never seen before

Found this at Robert~Marlene's blog. Been too long since I've been over his way. So nice to have hi-speed Internet so I can visit more often!

Explain what ended your last relationship? Um. Let me think. Oh, I suppose it might have been him* saying to me, a week before we moved in together, that we should just be friends. And even though we still had a "relationship" (in other words, we had sex once a week on Sundays. I don't know why Sundays. I think it was because it was the only day off we had together) for awhile, it pretty much ended when he started dating this busty and incredibly stupid woman. She was welcome to him. He was a nice enough guy but he was extremely condescending at times.

*The link doesn't really have anything to do with him - it's just the only post I remember ever writing about the guy.

When was the last time you shaved? I think it was on Monday. Tuesday was a business casual day and I needed to wear a skirt.

What were you doing this morning at 8 a.m.? At work. Answering calls. Oh, the excitement.

What were you doing 15 minutes ago? Reading Robert~Marlene's blog. Were you not paying attention?

Are you any good at math? Pfft. No. I can add, sort of, I can even multiply (preferably with calculator. I'm better at subtraction and division (not long!) but fractions can throw me for a complete loop. Let's not talk about algebra, okay? I sometimes have nightmares about algebra.

Your prom night, what do you remember about it? Hmm. Let's see. I was dating Mark then (my first boyfriend, he of the comic book addiction and life of crime stealing road signs) and we decided not to go to Prom. Instead I had sex for the second time in my life, in the back seat of an Omni (NOT recommended. Omni's are horribly small little hatchbacks. The rest is detailed in the popular Green Duckies story - The Tale of the Blue Stiffy.

Do you have any famous ancestors? Yes, I do. There's an Edmund Vittum who wrote several books, including one called The Vittum Folks. There is also Harriet Vittum who was a famous lawyer. And there's some Belgium violinist with the last name Vieuxtemps who is also a relative (pretty much anyone with the last name Vittum or Vieuxtemps is related to me).

Have you had to take a loan out for school? No. I got a Pell Grant.

Last thing received in the mail? My cable bill. I'm really irritated with them because I still have not had my installation waived. And is it really worth it to have cable and hi-speed internet when it costs $120 a month? Possibly.

How many different beverages have you had today? Two. Water and Mountain Dew.

Do you ever leave messages on people’s answering machine? What would be the alternative? Whistling Dixie?

Who did you lose your CONCERT virginity to? Helen Reddy. I know. And, to quote Robert~Marlene "Oh, and by the way, it's 'To whom did you lose your concert virginity?'"

Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach? I don't think so. I'm pretty sure I just pretend I am making sand castles but really I'm just using it as an excuse to dig a lot of holes.

What’s the most painful dental procedure you’ve had? I have summed it up quite well here. The pain and horror of dealing with the UltraSonic Scaler. As a Pisces, I should have known anything to do with a scaler is bad.

What is out your back door? I don't have a back door. Unless you count the door leading to the parking ramp.

Any plans for Friday night? No. It's Friday right now. Mainly I'll be listening to my cat meow a lot because I'm not Keem. Perhaps I will have a cookie.

Do you like what the ocean does to your hair? I don't get this question. What makes the ocean so much different than swimming in a pool or a lake?

Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different popcorns? I used to work for a Kandy Shoppe and may have even bought one of these tins. They are fairly annoying, actually.

Have you ever been to a planetarium? I believe so. I think there is one here in Minnesota. I seem to remember a lot of stars on the ceiling. I may have been rather young but I remember it was cool.

Do you re-use towels after you shower? I do. I hate laundry.

Some things you are excited about? Christmas. Going to karaoke on New Year's Eve. Having a 3 day weekend two weeks in a row.

What is your favorite flavor of JELL-O? I'm not overly fond of JELL-O. I suppose I like orange. I'm more of a fan of JELL-O pudding.

Describe your keychain(s)? One Batman figurine, one Serenity key-chain, two Sharpies that Beth's mom gave me (Beth's mom rocks). One key.

Where do you keep your change? In my purse until I feed it to Pig. Pig likes change. Then I rob Pig when I am tired and need Mountain Dew.

When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people? Um, no clue. I sing in front of large groups of people (well, no, not really).

What kind of winter coat do you own? It is faux leather. It used to be Keem's. It has a hood and these weird hanging things that have, in less than 5 minutes, got stuck on the garbage bag thingy in Keem's car and then, after I finally released myself, got shut in the car door.

What was the weather like on your graduation day? That was in 1985. I'm pretty sure that it had to have been raining because graduation took place in the gym.

Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed? Partially closed. I sleep in the nude but Eddy needs to get inside to use the litter box.

Wasn't that fun? I do love the memes. And here is a shiny blogthing for you all.


You Are a Yule Log

While you do have holiday spirit, you have a secret, heathen past.