Friday, January 13, 2006

4 by 4 (Okay, it's a really bad take on Faith's constant saying of 5 by 5 but I don't care)

A couple of people have done this lately and I really have nothing leaping out of my brain to be written so here goes.

Four jobs I've had in my life (for fun, I have decided to make these some of the worst jobs I’ve ever had):
Cotton Candy maker - Worst job ever. I had worked for a temp agency and this was a one day job, making cotton candy at a circus. When I was done for the day, I had sugar everywhere. The smell of cotton candy makes me sick.
Office Manager for a small wire company - 2nd worst job ever. I worked for a husband & wife team who seemed to have teamed up to drive me insane. I ended up walking out on them. This was probably a good thing because I used to fantasize that she would break down and kill him and I would testify on her behalf. Until she turned on me as well. Then I used to fantasize about how I would kill them and no one would ever blame me.
Survey taker - I stood around in the mall and asked people to take surveys. Oh, the joy. It was one of three jobs I had working in the mall. During the Christmas season. Have I ever mentioned that I really, really hate shopping at the mall? Because I do.
Drink dispenser - At a Pineapple Charlie’s (not the real name but I’m sure you can figure it out) kiosk (in the mall). What made this one of the worst jobs on my list? Oh, how about playing Russian Roulette with the boxes of oranges? I am allergic to mold and sometimes, on those really lucky days, I would reach into a box, pull out an orange that looked perfectly healthy and it turned out to be moldy (Mold affects me three different ways – when I ingest it, I get very ill. If it is in the air, it affects my respritory system (let me tell you that Spring and Fall, while my favorite seasons are also horrible for me because of allergies). If I touch it, it makes me dizzy and I break out into hives). Or there’s the time I got sick with pneumonia and had this strange dream that the Columbian banana cartel was going to start a war with us because we weren’t using the correct bananas. Good times.

Four movies I could (and do) watch over and over:
The Imposters
So I Married an Axe Murderer
My Cousin Vinny
The Princess Bride

Four places I've lived:
Mahtomedi, MN
Madison, WI
Blaine, MN
Saint Paul, MN

Four TV shows I love to watch:
Lost
Simpsons
CSI:
How I Met Your Mother

Four places I've been on vacation:
Portugal
Vegas
Yellowstone Park
Waterloo, IA

Four websites I visit daily:
Sheepsheadian Stories
Bloglines (to see which of my favorite reads have published a new post)
My.myway.com (it’s my home page)
Whichever blog has recently published

Four of my favorite foods:
Steak
Bread & Butter
Cheese
Crème Brule (but only if it is from Axel’s Bonfires because it tastes more like pudding and less like hot eggs (they cool it before they serve it))

Four places I'd rather be:
Portugal
At karaoke
Vegas
Barnes and Noble (or any bookstore/library)

Four albums I can't live without:
Mechanical Bride – Medium (Bryan’s band)
Oh No – OK Go (I found a link to their video for A Million Ways off of Nothing But Bonfires and they are starting to become one of my favorites. You should watch the video, it is hilarious. My computer sucked and wouldn’t play it very well but what I saw and heard was enough to convince me to download their album from iTunes (evil, evil iTunes, it is so tempting))
All of The Nadas albums that I have downloaded on to iTunes (Thanks, Matt (the boss) for getting me completely hooked on them)
Self-Titled – Kane (Christian Kane’s (Lindsey from Angel, the young Robert Duvall’s character in Secondhand Lions) band. It’s country with a rock beat and Christian Kane is quite possibly the sexiest man ever)

Four people to tag:
(I'm not tagging anyone. If you like this one, do it. If not, don't worry.)