Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy Freakin' New Year

It's 10:06, I'm on break and I already want to walk out of this building and never return.

Here's why:

There are 18 calls holding. 18 people who are cranky and may swear at me like the last guy. I'm sorry that you feel that it is bullshit that your transfer wasn't completed, sir. Maybe if you would shut up and listen to me long enough for me to explain it instead of impressing me with your command on the English language, particularly vulgarities, we'd get something done.*

*It went up to 43 calls for awhile.

It is 34F outside. It is 60F inside. Yes. Our heat isn't working. Again. This is not pleasant.

Our computer system was down for about an hour to two hours. That's even more not pleasant. It's back up now, thank goodness.

Okay. I am done whining. Please carry on. But, for your enjoyment, I bring you the following conversation with my boss. It is conversations like this that convince me to stay here.

DM: Oh. And this guy swore at me this morning.
Matt: Well, if you weren't such a stupid bitch, you wouldn't have that problem.
DM: (Shocked laughter) You know, I'm glad we have such a good rapport that you feel comfortable enough swearing at me.

Yes, he was kidding. And no, I'm not offended. After all, I have, on occasion, told him to bite me and smacked him on the back of the head. And you know what? I'm in a much better mood than when I started this post.

I have several posts that I'm planning on working on. There is Matt's birthday party. The 2nd annual Sheepsheadians Playing at Perkins (SPAP) post. New Year's Day karaoke (and why I am never ever returning to the Chalet again). Hanging out with Dean and Beth at Perkins after karaoke. But, with 20 calls holding, I don't think I'm going to be able to work on them today. Sorry. Stupid stock holders. I don't have your cost basis!