Monday, January 23, 2006

I have nothing to report and a meme

No, Teri, I did not drink last night. Remember? I am never drinking again.

As for what I've been dreading/looking forward to all week, I have no idea what to tell you. Apparently we are pretending that I never said anything to him. I think. I don't know. He ended up sitting at the other end of the table so we didn't really talk that much (apparently he was going to sit by me but Amy had been sitting next to me and came back to the table at that time. She was going to move but by then he had headed to the other side).

At the end of the evening, he stood up and said that he was leaving. He then looked at me and asked if I was good. I said yes. He asked if I was sure. I said I was fine. He smiled and left.

I compared the man to Batman and that's all I get? ARGGGH! Sometimes I really hate men. Why can't they be simple and uncomplicated like women...oh, yeah. I forgot that we're kind of difficult to understand as well.

So I have no idea what, if anything, is going on. I was really expecting the "I'm very flattered but I think it's best if we're just friends" talk. I would think that would be the first thing out of his mouth if there was absolutely no chance whatsoever.

It comes down to this - I don't regret telling him how I feel. I definitely don't regret kissing him. But I can't continue to put myself out there anymore. He knows how I feel. If he's interested, hopefully he will let me know. If he's not interested, hopefully he'll let me know. Or perhaps, there could be a sign from God. Maybe the sky opening up with a nice voice coming from above saying "Dana, the answer is quite simple..."

There was some light teasing last night but nothing horrendous. When Craig was telling us it wasn't that bad, I said "Craig. I told you I would do you." His response? "So? You tell me that when you're sober." Oh. Yeah, I guess I do. Craig is fun to flirt with and not bad to look at either (read - quite hot) but I'm not interested in him at all.

Anyway, thanks for all of your patience during this Gil/James thing. I'm sure you'll continue to hear about him because it's not like I am going to stop liking him. Unfortunately, I think this stupid Like or Smit or whatever you want to call it is never going to go away. Dang it.

Found this on Teri's site. She got it from Jo(e).

I saw this at Jo(e)'s last week, and intended to do it then, but life interfered.

Hair: Colored, permed, kind of out of control. But longish! Almost to my shoulders. I'm trying to find a new picture for my profile picture.

What do you think of this one?

I am drunk and singing Strokin'

Beth also took a picture of me communing with one of the glow ducks while completely sober. She hasn't posted it yet. Oh, did I mention that when I say communing, I mean that it is resting on my forehead?

Wearing: pink capris and a pink tank top. I kind of like pink. Not as much as orange.

Drinking: The remainder of the $34 worth of juice that I bought. Pineapple juice by itself is very sweet. It's much better served with vodka and grenadine, not that I am ever drinking again. I am also drinking water.

Listening to: My Confusion City playlist - 123 songs that remind me that love is very confusing, painful and sometimes worth it in the long run. The song playing at this exact moment is the live version of Use Me performed by Hootie & the Blowfish. Shut up. I like Hootie & the Blowfish. It's a cover of a Bill Withers song.

Reading: Carnal Innocence by Nora Roberts. I've read it about four or five times and I know some sections almost completely by memory but I love her books and the way she describes people and places. There's also a Harlequin Intrigue called Her Cowboy Protector that is my bathroom book. It is less than exciting.