Saturday, December 10, 2005

A miracle has happened

One of the only good thing about being sick (other than the occasional weight loss brought about by vomiting and reverse vomiting (I am not going into much detail here, I'm sure you can all figure that out)) is that I get convinced that the germs are out to get me. If pushed far enough, this paranoia will get me to actually clean (gasp! Not clean).

Since I've not been feeling well the last few days (missed karaoke for sleep on Thursday, went to bed at 6:30 PM last night), I started thinking about cleaning. Keem and I decided it was time to clean the bathroom we share, it was getting a bit nasty (when I say a bit, substitute the word "really, really, really, really").

Keem decided to clean the toilet and the tub (I am scrubbing impaired and never get the tub as clean as she wants it) and I got to work on the counter and the floor. Now, normally, this would mean I would clean off the counter, wipe it down quickly and sweep and mop the floor. But, being that I have been somewhat ill (although recovering), I started with the counter and moved to the walls and the mirror and cleaned out the medicine cabinet and started on the sink and wanted to use my toothbrush to scrub the chrome things that are attached to the sink...what are those damn things called? Oh, taps and the faucet. I resisted the temptation to use my toothbrush because I do not have a backup toothbrush. Which reminds me, it is probably time to buy a new toothbrush.

Anyway, many hours later, the bathroom is clean. My hands are wrinkled and pruny. I am hungry but my back is killing me so I need to rest for a little while before I go take a shower. Keem and I are going to Fuddruckers today. Mmm, best hamburgers in the world.

Oh, and as a bonus, I now offer you cleaning tips.

Tip number 1: Tilex, while working wonders on tiles, does not do much for mirrors. Just so you know.

Tip number 2: If the surplus paper towels are on the shelf that can only be reached by Jeff, it is not a good idea to drop the only roll of paper towels you have in running water.

Tip number 3: When trying to refill the Glade plug-in with scented oil, it might be a good idea to check that said plug-in is for scented oil. Because you will suddenly find yourself smelling very strongly of cucumber melon when you spill said oil all over yourself.

Got to go, Keem is complaining because she can't find her toothbrush. Sheesh. If she would just check the medicine cabinet.