Thursday, July 01, 2004

Spiderman

Not even the fact that I am miserable with a horridly horrid disease (okay, I have a cold. I tend to whine a lot when I'm sick. I am not actually diseased. But it sounds better than germed) can keep me away from Spiderman.

Saw it last night with Beth, Keem and AdamandRich. Now, one thing you should know about me is that recently I was asked if I've ever seen a movie I didn't like and I couldn't answer the question. Thanks to Beth, however, I was able to remember that I absolutely hated Romper Stomper (stupid neo-nazis in London). So my point is that if you're looking for a critic's view of Spiderman, you're not going to get it from me.

I loved it. Bruce Campbell was superb as the snooty usher, my beloved Ted Raimi (Joxer on Xena, Warrior Princess) had some very funny lines and it was an amazing movie.

Here's the only spoiler you're going to get...Remember the joy Tobey MacQuire showed when he first discovered his powers? The joyswing through the city, jumping from building to building. Well, while the movie starts out very dark and depressing, he does recapture that joy again.

That's it. Go see it. I think it's better than the first one. But, hey, I've only seen one movie that I hated so what do I know?