Saturday, July 10, 2004

What's going on in my mind tonight?

Tonight I am looking over the city, listening to the radio, and feeling, I don't know, lonely, I guess is the right word.

I'm not sure why. I have great friends and tomorrow I'm going to karaoke with Beth, that is always fun. Monday we're going to go to a movie, not sure what yet. A Dodgeball/Spiderman 2 double feature would be fun.

Every once in awhile, I feel like there's something missing in my life. What could it be? I'm reasonably happy. I love my friends, my cat (even though he likes Keem better than me), my family, the adorable nephew who terrifies me...things are good, right?

Keem and I watched Working Girl and Galaxy Quest tonight. Maybe that's it. Both of them have that big romantic moment where the hero grabs the heroine and they have the big kiss and you know that everything's going to be okay.

Maybe I'm wondering where my hero is, where is my big kiss?

Maybe tomorrow I should watch something non-romantic and I will settle back into my celibate forever life and not worry about the occasional twinge.

Maybe I should go back to the doctor and get my prescription for effexor refilled so I get back on an even keel again. That's probably better, huh?

Anyway, soon I will go off to bed, hug Hippo to my clogged up chest and dream of Prince Charming...who will probably turn into Randall Flagg because I'm thinking of reading The Stand again.