Thursday, October 06, 2005

Blogging Meme

Found this on Mark's blog.

1. Do you try to look hot when you go to the grocery store just in case someone recognizes you from your blog?

Please. I have a picture of myself with my hair wrapped up in a cat toy. I think if anyone was to see me, they might not recognize me because I wasn't wearing something dorky.

2. Are the photos you post Photoshopped or otherwise altered?

I don't have Photoshop but I do go through them and enhance a little through Picasa. Lighten the background, saturate, stuff like that.

3. Do you like it when creeps or dorks email you?

Hey, I'm a dork. I have no problem with dorks emailing me. Now the creeps on the other hand, I've probably dated them at least once or twice in my life so we have a great time catching up.

4. Do you lie in your blog?

No. I would say that I stretch the truth and embellish but I don't lie.

5. Are you passive-aggressive in your blog?

? How the heck would I know?

6. Do you ever threaten to quit writing so people will tell you not to stop?

That's a bit odd, isn't it? I write because I like to write. This is really for my own enjoyment. If I bring some to other people, that's great.

7. Are you in therapy? If not, should you be? If so, is it helping?

No. No. I have happy pills. Who needs therapy?

8. Do you delete mean comments? Do you fake nice ones?

No. I make fun of them. If I had to fake a nice comment, what would be the point of leaving it in the first place?

9. What should a "good blog" have?

Humor. Respect for others.

10. If your readers knew you in person, would they like you more or like you less?

Well, Johnny and Mark still seem to like me so I'm thinking meeting more people would be cool.

11. Do you have a job?

Yes.

12. If someone offered you a decent salary to blog full-time without restrictions, would you do it?

Of course I would.

13. Which blogger do you want to meet in real life?

I've met Johnny and Mark which was seriously cool. I would really like to meet udge because that would mean a trip to Germany. I want to meet everyone on my list.

14. Which bloggers have you made out with? (a)In real life? (b)In fantasy?

Nobody. My life is devoid of making out.

15. Do you usually act like you have more money or less money than you really have?

I'm pretty honest about my lack of money.

16. Does your family read your blog?

No. Damn them.

17. How old is your blog?

1 year, 4 months, 13 days.

18. Do you get more than 1000 page views per day? Do you care?

Do I look like Dooce to you? Of course not. I don't care about page views. I care about comments. Comment, people! I am a comment junkie. I admit it.

19. Do you have another secret blog in which you write about being depressed, slutty, or a liar?

I have a couple other blogs but none of them are secret.

20. Have you ever given another blogger money for his/her writing?

I gave flea a tip, does that count? I like to think of it as a reward for good service and advice, not as paying her for her writing (although it is superb). I also click on adsense links.

21. Do you report the money you earn from your blog on your taxes?

Haven't really earned anything yet.

22. Is blogging narcissistic?

Isn't anything somewhat narcissistic? I like to write. I like to amuse people. I like to read other blogs. Don't we have better things to worry about than this?

23. Do you feel guilty when you don't post for a long time?

Sometimes. I usually try to post something every few days.

24. Do you like John Mayer?

Yes. Why?

25. Do you have enemies?

I am the Queen of the Universe. It stands to reason that I would have an enemy or two.

26. Are you lonely?

Yes and no. Romantic lonely - yes. Friend lonely - no.

27. Why bother?

Why not? The world is full of people who don't bother. I don't want to be one of those people.

I'm not tagging anyone. You can do this if you want. But just remember question #27.